Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes

Yesterday Ian hit his 3-month mark. It got me thinking about what a different place I am at now versus a year ago. Last year at this time I was in the midst of my injections and preparing for my egg retrieval. It was such a tense, stressful time. Now a year later I have a 3-month old baby that has brought such joy to my life and to our family. Ian is such a sweet, easy baby. He eats and sleeps well and shares his huge smile all the time. He is so fun and I wish I could keep him small just a little longer.


Ian has beautiful blue eyes. He is always opening them up huge like he's surprised.

He smiles all the time and does such a cute baby laugh until he gives himself hiccups.


I just love those little feet. Everyone who sees him says how much he looks like his dad. I agree. He even does the same thing with his big toe.

So sweet. He gets so much attention from his big brothers (90% of it good). They love him a lot and are both pretty good helpers with him. If I'm busy, Luke can usually give Ian his binky and get him calmed down. I think it is so cute to listen to them talk to him using the same kind of high-pitched voice adults use when talking to babies. They think Mr. E is the best baby ever. I am a lucky mom.

3 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

He is so adorable. I love this stage.

jilljohnson said...

I agree he is such a cute little guy. Looks like you had a great 4th of July too.

Marie Rose said...

he is very cute! I can't believe he's 3 months already...okay seriously we need to go to lunch. I am super super busy until the end of August but I want to try and go to lunch with you before this baby comes. maybe we can plan for the 1st of september.