Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Must Be 18

I just did a ridiculously long post about Christmas, but I wanted to quickly write about something funny Luke said the other day. Out of the blue he asked me if when he was older he would be able to kiss girls. He is the most naive kid and has no clue about most things, so I was surprised. I questioned him a little to find out more, but he immediately clammed up. I told him yes but when he was much older, like 18. He promptly counted to 18 as if that was no big deal. A few days later I was wrapping presents and Luke was out in the garage with Jer. I turned on the TV and watched the end of that movie "You've Got Mail." Luke came back in right at the very end when Meg Ryan sees Tom Hanks and they're walking towards each other in the park. He was watching with interest, so I told him they were going to kiss. He just kept watching and I could see his wheels spinning and then he looked at me and said, "Hmm, must be 18."

6 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

That is so funny!!! Totally reminds me of something Hunter would have said. Looks like you guys had a fun and busy Holiday. I love the pictures of Christmas Eve...we missed you guys!!

jami v. said...

hilarious!

KW said...

Too funny. Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. We'll have to get the kids together and play this next month.

Burbank Family said...

To funny. We told K'Lee 30

jtandj said...

I love Luke!! The Christmas Eve pictures were darling and yes, Jord and Luke were obvious in trying to make it over to the "nice" list!

Kimberlee said...

That is absolutely hilarious. That's quite inquisitive of him to even ask at his age. Don't boys normally think that girls are disgusting at that age. Maybe it's foreshadowing what is to come... :)