Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday Fun

The holidays have been quite relaxing and fun with the exception of getting things ready for the new Primary year plus a quick trip to both the dermatologist and the dentist.  We've had fun just hanging out with family and friends.  We did go ice skating with the Burbanks and skiing.  The skiing was awful as anticipated but the kids had fun.  I took Luke up for a half day Jer patrolled and then Luke, Seth, and I went up for another half day to meet Jer in the sagebrush.  Seriously no snow, but we had fun.  Seth took a few major eggbeaters, but he was a great sport.  I took no pictures of any of the above mentioned activities, but I did catch this one.



This is my cousin Troy with the boys.  He is such a good buddy to them--like a surrogate uncle.  The whole Pickett family really has taken my boys under their wing, and we appreciate them so much.  We have had so much fun the past few years attending Troy's sporting events and cheering him on.  The boys really do look up to him so much, and they think he's the best.  He had his mission farewell a few weeks ago, and he leaves Wednesday!  We will miss him, but I'm so excited for him.  I really appreciate the good example he's setting for my kids.  We went to his dad's gym and the kids/guys played basketball and then topped it off with some frozen yogurt.  Luke is already talking about how he will miss Troy and wants to send him some "postcards."  Good luck Troy.  You will be great!

No comments: