Thursday, November 15, 2012

Leah is Two!

Leah turned two last week.  I can hardly believe it.  It was so fun to celebrate her birthday for the first time ever.  I couldn't help but think about what a contrast this must have been with her birthday last year in China.  I remember wondering about her and feeling pretty down.  I'm so grateful she's home now where she belongs.  Luke and Seth were almost as excited as they get for their own birthdays.  I have run into tons of people this week who've been around my kids at school, neighbors, etc. and they all heard about Leah having her birthday from them.  What good brothers.

Leah's birthday was on November 6th.  The day of the presidential election.  I knew between young mens for Jer and watching the returns (that was deflating to say the least) it wouldn't be a great day for a party.  We did have balloons and donuts though and then held off to the weekend for her party.  I wanted to take a few pictures of Leah on her birthday.  On a cooperativity scale of 1-10 I'd say we were heading into negative territory.


 

This is not the most flattering pic of Leah, but I love that it shows her double chin.  This girl has some for real chub on her.  I can hardly recognize the skeletal Leah in the pics we got from China.

Don't let those few pics fool you.  Apparently Leah hates balloons.  She wants nothing to do with them.




Ian was all too happy to play with them.


 
 I took Leah to vote with me.  I'm still baffled by the election results.  I truly don't get the liberal ideology, but I am so grateful Leah's a US citizen.  I don't think I ever took being an American for granted, but if I did my visit to China reminded me how awesome it is to live here.  America is truly exceptional.

 And then Leah's polka dot party on Saturday.  It was fun and she got lots of cute, girly stuff.  She loved it!
 


 


Leah got this little mini me baby doll.  We found her downstairs feeding the baby a bottle.  I think she saw that a time or two in the orphanage.  She looked like a pro.

Happy Birthday baby girl!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Leah!

Marie Rose said...

I'm a little behind. Happy Birthday sweet Leah....one day I'll meet her and Eden can mommy her around! She's adorable!