Sunday, December 1, 2013

Birthday Girl

Leah turned 3 almost a month ago.  That is pretty unreal to me.  She is such a cute, sweet, smart girl, and we love her so much.  She was really excited about her birthday.  Leah is loving and sweet and pretty much steals the heart of anyone she meets.  She loves nursery and dance class and of course her "brudders."  She can carry on quite the conversation these days, and I love hearing her cute little voice all day.  She is pretty sassy and lets us all know how she's feeling.  The boys are always telling her how much they love her and how glad they are she's in our family.  The way she can use her little arm (or her "nub" if you ask Ian) continues to amaze me.  If we can just get her potty trained we will officially enter the big girl stage!

I always think of Leah's China mom at this time of year.  As Leah gets older and is developing her personality more and more I often get glimpses of what her birth mom could be like.  Leah tells us now that she was "born in China."  At this time three years ago Leah had just been found and placed in her foster mother's care.  She has sure made progress from that tiny, weak newborn to the crazy girl she is today.  Luke asked me not too long ago if Leah's China mom knew where she was, and I told him no.  We talked about how we hoped she somehow knew Leah was safe and loved.  I hope so.  I can't really imagine the grief and unknown she must feel when it comes to Leah.  As I'm sitting here typing this Leah just said, "Mom, I love you."  I love her too, and I hope that someday she has the chance to meet the other women in her life who loved her and cared for her before she came to us.  Happy Birthday Leah!
 


 






  


 

 

1 comment:

jami v. said...

ah, happy birthday to her! :) i love your post. i hope you are right, and that somehow her birth mom knows she is loved and safe. :) and with the most amazing family! she is beautiful and i can't believe how old she looks!! :)