Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Valentine's Day

It is like 2 am, but I was on a roll with work projects and now I'm just about caught up with the blog.  Seth and Luke wanted to get creative with the Valentine's boxes this year.  I am more on the page of covering it with paper and slapping some stickers on.  Seth wanted a minion.  Of course, creative people have done that so I found an idea and we did it.  This was a stretch for my non crafty self.  Luke loves all things reptiles right now, so he used a tube and we made a snake.

The kids had to dress up that day for their "Valentine's Manners Best Tea" as Seth kept telling me.  When we went to PTC a few weeks ago the kids got such good reviews and Seth spent the whole drive there describing the horrors of the "manners best" day.  He said he would be required to walk down the hall arm in arm with a girl, pull her chair out for her, get her a cookie, and...talk to her!  Ha!  He was so funny about it, but he was actually quite excited.  Luke was the very unexcited one.  Afterschool I asked him how it went.  His reply was "stupid," and I'm pretty sure he meant it.  Girls definitely still have cooties around here.

Jer and I went out that night to dinner with Steve and Cami to La Tienda.  Yes, the gas station in Franklin where Utahns go to buy lottery tickets!  It turns out they have an amazing restaurant.  Not heavy on atmosphere, but delicious food.  While we were waiting to be seated, Jer had to use the bathroom.  The girl came out, looked at us and said, "Just the three of you?"  On Valentine's Day?  I'm not that pathetic! I did have my own date. :)



2 comments:

jami v. said...

love the updates! :)

Julie said...

I love reading about you and your cute family- they are all growing up! I still need to come and see your house :)