Saturday, October 4, 2014

Back to School 2014

I think I may give up on blogging at the end of the year, but I'm trying to finish out 2014.  The boys are all at Mountainside this year--5th, 2nd, and kindergarten!  Leah started preschool with Teacher Cassie where Ian went last year.  After school had been in about a week Ian finally got to ride the bus to school with his brother.  Pretty much every good weather day after we moved in last year the boys rode their bikes to the bus stop.  It's a little over 1/2 mile.  It has been a little more challenging this year with Ian.  I think he will be up for it in the spring, but a lot of days I've pulled him over in the bike trailer or taken them in the van.  The big boys love that!  Ian does sometimes ride his bike and it's actually no trouble, but I feel like I have to go along to make sure he actually gets there on time because he's so slow and easily distracted!

 Riding the kindergarten bus home has probably been Ian's least favorite part.  It's a long ride, and it sounds like it gets a little crazy.  The first few weeks Ian kept telling me about these kindergartners that were "in love."  He said they kissed on the bus and was quite disgusted by the whole thing!  (Thank goodness.)  He said now that little girl's mom picks her up at school everyday!  He also says a girl in his reading group makes googly eyes at him and imitates the face with his eyelashes fluttering.

Luke is liking 5th grade.  Mr. Maughan is a great teacher, and it is so much better than last year and its hours of homework!  Seth just loves school period and thinks Mrs. Bilodeau is great.  Ian is actually doing a lot better than I thought he would.  He wasn't too stoked about school and sitting down all day writing, coloring, etc. is definitely not his thing.  He's actually doing pretty well and liking it more now than the first few days.  He just couldn't get over how there were 5 school days followed by only 2 off days!  Welcome to life!!  He also said they did like one fun thing and the rest of the time they just "had to learn."  I can't complain though.  I'm sure he gives Mrs. Parish a run for her money, but he seems to like it.  Leah loves preschool and is a smart little cookie.  I am kid free for 2 1/2 hours twice a week--so weird after 8 years of SAH momness.  I finally finished my master's back in May and am actually in the process of trying to get an online teaching job with BYU Idaho so we'll see how that goes.  Always busy.

Luke cut off his mop of hair about a week after school started.  Hallelujah!

 
 
 


 



 Towhead kindergartners!

Leah also started dance class again!
 
   

 
 


1 comment:

Mandy said...

IT's so sad how big they're getting. I can't believe you have a few hours of alone time! So weird! I'm excited, but also kind of dreading the day that happens for me. Don't quit blogging. I love the updates! :)