Thursday, October 15, 2015

August - What Seemed Like World's Fastest Month!

July ended and August zoomed in and zoomed by.  Ian cut off his curly locks and aged a couple of years with his first short hair cut ever.  I felt sad about it for a few days, but now I'm used to it and he loves it.  I took the kids up to Preston for an afternoon of hiking and hanging out with cousins.  The boys stayed over to go to the parade and air show.  Jer, Leah, and I joined them the next day for another night of the parade followed by that Famous Preston Night Rodeo.  Such a great small town and fun tradition every year.  Thanks to TJ for buying real camera and becoming the family photographer!





 
 


The first week in August was our annual camping trip with the Burbanks.  We went to a place ironically named Warm River that is kind of up by Island Park, ID.  It wasn't very warm.  The river was actually super cold, and it may have rained just a bit!  We managed to stay dry and have fun though.  



   
 




 
 


 



 

Jer likes to call this prom pose.  Too bad we never went to a prom together.  The only thing of that nature we ever went to was a Glenn Miller dance thing up at USU.  You'll have to ask Jer how much fun that was.


 
  

I love it when Jer is wearing that bluetooth on a camping trip.  ;)









 
Luke's team did the Striker's Cup in Layton.  They played great and only lost their championship game to take second.  I was excited for Luke to finally be on a winning team and get a medal!



 

Jer turned 40 this year, and I'm not far behind him.  Holy cow we are old!


Jer snapped this photo to educate me on the face I give him when I'm not too stoked about what he's saying.  I don't know.  It could be worse.


We took Luke and Seth to the REAL Salt Lake game for FC Aggies night.  Somewhere down on the field in that line of blue players is Seth.  We got stuck in terrible traffic and barely got there in time for him to go out with his team.


Part of Seth's free swag courtesy of McDonald's.  My phone officially has the worst camera ever.
 

A little mud tag, soccer, and relay races on a Saturday at our neighbor's house.  Seth did end up with a rash a few days later but nobody died, and they all had a blast.  We were cleaning mud out of crevices for a week.  These two had been down by the river while they were still clean.  Having the river close by has been great and we haven't had any problems except that one time when Seth went down there with our neighbor under strict orders to not get in the water but when Jer went down to get him he was swimming in neck deep water.  Seriously?!  He got a bit of a Scotch blessing, so I think he now really understands that he is not allowed to swim without us.


The sprinklers were such a fun project that lasted the entire summer.  I hope you're sensing my sarcasm.

 
 

   

Back to School which seemed to come in the middle of August.  Luke catches the bus at 7:00 a.m. to go to Willow Valley Middle School, 6th grade, so he got solo shots this year.  Seth has Mrs. Turnbow for 3rd grade and Ian is in the famed Mrs. White's first grade class.  They are all loving school and their teachers this year.  Luke enjoys having multiple classes and lunch best, but he's doing a great job.  Seth loves to not do his math assignments at school and then get As on his tests, but he is also doing great.  Ian loves to visit too much and talk about subjects unrelated to what is being taught, but he absolutely loves school and his reading is starting to come along.  One advantage to waiting months to record things is I can talk about Back to School and Parent Teacher Conference at the same time!  I sure love these handsome, funny boys.  They can be naughty, but it's hard to stay mad for long.
   
   
   
   
 
  
 



 



 Last but not least Leah's first day of school.  Yes, I took one picture with my phone.  Leah is going to Cassie's preschool again on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and she is also going to my friend/neighbor Brenda's school on Mondays.  She loves them both and is such a smart little cookie.  I can't believe she will be in kindergarten next year.  She is growing like a weed!



No comments: