Thursday, February 25, 2016

Leah Turned Five!

It's hard to believe Leah turned five in November.  She gave me a run for my money over the summer and again over Christmas break (I think she likes structure), but I can honestly say that she has been nothing but a joy the last several months.  She is so smart, funny, and easy to please.  Some of her favorite words are:  actually, wonderful, and amazing.  She is so fun to spend time with and has become quite the daddy's girl lately.  She's also my little sidekick though and I'm so glad we still have next year to hang out together while the boys are at school.  She is excited for kindergarten, and we will register her in about a month.  

A few months ago while we were sitting around the dinner table eating beans Leah said, "this reminds me of that scripture."  We were all kind of clueless and she went on to say, "you know about the beans.  When ye are in the service of your fellow beans."  It was so cute!  To her beings were beans.  We all got a good laugh.  Leah is for the most part self-confident and sure of herself.  She is incredibly determined and hard working and feisty as all get out.  She got right on the two wheel bike we got for her birthday and rode away like it was no big deal.  I was so proud!  She had a party with some little friends from the ward, and we also celebrated with family and cake and ice cream.  At that one, she got her hair in the candles - twice, like actually caught it on fire - so that could have gone better!  Leah, you are one-of-a-kind, and we couldn't love you more!










No comments: