Monday, May 18, 2009

Sundays Fun Days

Well, yesterday was Sunday and it was quite a workout. I'm sure most of you can relate. I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't find church very relaxing! Actually yesterday the kids were great at church, so I can write about this with humor instead of tears. A lot of Sundays the value of going to church with young kids seems to be just making the effort. After Luke took the sacrament yesterday he dumped his leftover water into about 6 full cups as he put it back in the tray. I dumped out the cup that seemed to get the worst of his backwash and figured whoever got the others would have to tough it out. About 2 minutes later he announced in quite a loud voice that he "needed to go poop." That got a chuckle out of about three rows worth of people around us. When the speakers started I left to feed Ian. I have to say that was actually quite relaxing to sit in the mother's room. It was quiet, and I could hear the speakers over the intercom. I've realized that I need to invest in some nursing friendly church clothes. I don't think it's kosher to lift your dress all the way up to nurse--even if you're in the mother's room! (I did not do that by the way. Our nursing room is usually a full house, so I wore the one and only skirt/shirt combo I could find!) Anyway, Jer supplied snacks and maintained the peace until he got the kids off to Primary, Ian slept while I taught Sunday school, and we managed to get everyone rounded up and in the car at the end, so all in all I call it a success. Until next week!


Here are a few random pics of the kids:

This picture cracked me up. In Luke's defense, despite the evil smile on his face, he was not the source of Seth's bawling. Seth has been treated with three different antibiotics the past month for strep, double ear infections, and walking pneumonia. He seems to finally be getting better but has a bad case of the hives, so I say bawl away Seth! You've had a rough month.


He loves me, right?




See...he does.

4 comments:

jilljohnson said...

You have to love the things kids do during church. Adrew always barks at Adam.

jami v. said...

ah. church with kids. i told my dad that everyone should get a "bye" of sorts when it comes to church, when you have kids. he didn't agree, because he said it's easy. who is he kidding? he's the one who was up on the stand and my mom did it!! hehe of course it was easy!! yep. gotta love the kids at church - and the nursing too. inactivity never looked so good!! hehe jk

Kristy said...

I am glad Sunday went smoothly. I can't really say the same. I ended up taking Brighton home because he was screaming in Nursery with me there! Oh well. Hopefully someday all the effort will pay off!! Ian is such a handsom little guy.

Mandy said...

I agree with Jami...a pass on church until they are 3-4. It's torture otherwise! I think you should wear dresses and pull them all the way up in the mothers room. It might be awkward enough for other people that they will leave you alone and you can nurse in peace and quiet!!
I hope Seth is feeling better. Poor kid! That picture is so cute! We need to do the park again...they had so much fun together.