Monday, May 4, 2009

Baby Days

This is probably a boring post, but we haven't been too many places lately to write about. Most of our time has been spent hanging out around the house adjusting to our newest little family member. Of course there have been the trips to preschool, soccer games, etc. and lots of time spent playing outside. Jer has been such a huge help, and the boys love hanging out with him. He's been doing most of the errands including the late night runs to the store when we're out of everything. I do feel like we're settling into kind of a routine though, and I'm quite a bit more on top of things than I was a week ago. All in all I can't complain. We all love having a new baby around, I have an amazing little family, and I'm feeling good...so things are great.


Ian is awake a lot more now. He can focus on your face and makes little expressions with his face...it won't be long until he smiles for real.


Seth is keeping me hopping as usual. He is such a fun, affectionate little guy. He seems to be adjusting to Ian quite well. He can get into all sorts of trouble while I'm feeding Ian. I'm amazed at the things he comes up with. He got out the central vac hose and attachment (which is huge and awkward) and had it all plugged in to do some vacuuming when I got out of the shower the other day. When I turned my back at dinner for a second he dumped about a cup of lemon pepper on his bread with jelly..and then ate it with a fork. You get the idea...it's always exciting!


The first bath was not a big hit..at all, but now he likes it. There's nothing quite like a baby that's fresh out of the bath/lotion...so sweet.



Ian is still sleeping pretty well. He wakes up about every 3 hours to eat at night, but he is going back to bed easily most feedings. The verdict seems to be that he looks like Jer. I agree, but I'm not sure what it is about him. I can see Luke in him sometimes too. We sure like having him around.

8 comments:

jilljohnson said...

HE is so cute. I am glad that you are starting to ajust better. I love your cute family.

Bear River Photographic Society said...

yes he does look like Jer (little sparkle) he is so cute and precious.

Michelle W. Nate said...

I love babies that is all there is to it. He is so adorable! Oh, and I just have to chuckle about mischief man. :)

Kristy said...

Three is an adjustment. I remember getting in my car with three carseats and thinking whose kids are these??? It is a lot of kids and a lot of fun! He is very cute and I can see Luke in him.

Marie Rose said...

So cute! I'm glad you have things under control. I doubt they were ever really out of control. You are super mom!

jami v. said...

such great pictures. a newbie in the house is a great thing, i would agree! :) i love hearing how things are going at your house, and it makes me feel pretty good to know things are about the same here! :)

Nicole said...

3 boys - fun fun fun! Ian is so cute and we are cracking up at Seth :)

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

It was fun to see you guys on your "date" the other night. Ian is getting so big and he is so cute. Hunter has a pine-wood derby Thursday night. What time were you doing Seth's B-Day?
Kim