Friday, February 12, 2010

Puke and Play

I couldn't think of a title for this post but since we've done some of both this past week it seemed fitting. It all started with a call from Luke's school last Thursday letting me know he was sick. Yep, he threw up at school. When I got there he was sitting in the office next to a garbage can looking pale. He was not embarrassed at all and so happy to see me. He was sick all day but quite the trooper. The real fun started when I woke up early Friday morning with bad stomach pains. Let's just say Jer had to stay home from work and I spent my day near the bathroom. That is the sickest I've been in a long time. This one had it all...fever, chills, body aches, diarrhea, and puking! I topped it off with a massive migraine and then moved on to the cold we've all had which I can't get rid of. Luke was so sweet and concerned about me when I was sick. The boys had a great time with Jer, and I was just grateful he could take over. Thankfully it's not very often the mom gets sick.


Saturday I felt much better although extremely tired and not ready to eat much yet. We followed through with plans though and headed up to Jer's parents that afternoon for sledding. I mostly just took it easy with Amy, Cid, and the babies, but I did take a little snowmobile ride up to see the kids and take some pictures.

This is Ian's version of sledding. He got a kick out of being pulled around on this.


Jer, his dad, and TJ took the kids a few minutes away for some sweet sledding.



I had to bring Jer a hat from the house to protect his scalding head. It was really warm.


Addison did a mini version of the sledding.


The kids had tons of fun and were hauling by the bottom. They rolled off and crashed but got up laughing each time.


Luke and grandpa.


Then there was that one time Jer took the boys even higher to start and they were going like 40 by the time they passed me...


and the sled came to a screeching halt...


but the boys didn't...they launched way up in the air and ended like this...followed by tears from both. It didn't last long though, and they all had lots of fun and were completely soaked.


Monday night we headed up with some friends for Jer's night skiing duty. Jer and I must be getting old because we were the only ones still suffering with colds. Seth has been begging to ski and Luke really wanted to "help" him. The skis we rented him were the tiniest, cutest things I've ever seen. I think two is a little young to learn, but we kind of hauled him down the mountain the way we did with Luke at that age. He wasn't always loving it but after he wanted to do it "one more again" so we may take him up one more time this year.
Afterwards all the kids had tons of fun eating and playing around in the patrol building. One of the best things about ski patrol is the fun people and the family atmosphere up there. I better enjoy this now because in 10 years I probably won't be able to keep up!

1 comment:

jami v. said...

sorry about the puking. nothing worse!! i love the sledding pics. it's SO beautiful, and honestly, that pic of ian sitting in the sled could be jer. :)