Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day to Day

We haven't been up to much around here, but I did take a few pics of the kids the other day hanging out around the house.


Now that Ian is getting bigger and is more fun Seth pays a lot more attention to him. Most of the time he's really cute with him. He has gotten in the habit though of apologizing while he's in the act of doing something to Ian. Like I will see him with the Nerf gun pointing right at him, and he'll say sorry right as he pulls the trigger. We're working on that. I love mornings when Luke is at school (no offense Luke), and I can spend some quality time with the little guys. Seth misses Luke while he's gone, so I think these two will become best buddies next year when Luke's at school all day long.


I just can't get enough of this kid. He is so sweet and happy. He gives hugs now, loves to clap, and has started waving. He also pulls up to stuff and is all over the place. He really is growing up too fast for me.

Still no teeth but lots of drool.


Seth is a chocolate milk addict. Seth has made such progress with his speech that he is graduating early from his program...in fact, he's getting kicked out because he doesn't meet the criteria anymore. I'm so proud of him. It was getting a little ridiculous at his class. He would request songs, get supplies out, etc....he pretty much ran the place. Not too surprising for a kid that scored age 41 months in the "self help" category. Have I mentioned that he is potty trained too?? Awesome! He even goes on his own and stays dry at night. It was almost too easy (that makes up for Luke who was terrible). We're are still working on "f" and beginning "s" sounds with Seth. For now they are all "y." As soon as you pick up on that he is very intelligible i.e. yee, yo, yun, yunny, yick...


Luke loves Ian and usually is very soft with him. He does like to carry him around which can get a bit sketchy. The other day I found Ian drinking his bottle like this. Luke told me he was keeping him warm.


This is Ian's scrunch face. He does this when he is trying to get mad. It is usually when he's stuck in his high chair and you ignore him too long. Sometimes this progresses to crying but as soon as you look at him he goes back to smiling. It's all for attention. He used it a lot on the nurse at his check-up. He developed an instant dislike for her and would immediately do this and cry when she walked in the room. He loved the doctor though and would go from smiling to this in an instant depending on who was looking at him. Funny kid.

7 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

Funny kids! That's awesome that Seth is potty trained. I need some tips from you. It's not going very well with Savannah.

jami v. said...

what a great update. i love reading about your kids and seeing their cute faces (and i'm still cracking up about luke and ian with the bottle. very "big-brotherish"), and am jealous of the waving and clapping. while lexie has teeth, climbs all over (even up my stairs!) we're still not waving at the right time and there's no clapping to be had. oh well. but they definitely share the bald gene! :) ... go seth on the potty training! woot-woo!! i think everyone needs an easy train (seth and cole) because i'm afraid miles has a little luke in him. :) your boys are so cute! i can't believe how fast they are growing up. where's the pause button?? :)

jtandj said...

I love your boys! Everyone one of them touches my heart in a different way.

Kristy said...

Brighton is in the process of potty training himself. I don't look forward to this stage but those two year olds are so sweet.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Good job on the potty training...one in diapers is plenty!!

Burbank Family said...

Love reading about the boys. I need to learn some of this stuff so I don't make any mistakes with with Tucker on the boy thing. Congrats to Seth for the potty Training.I love when that is accomplished what a big boy.

Marie Rose said...

I love Luke "keeping him warm"...classic. Ian's scrunchie face makes me smile. What a cute boy!