Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ian is One!

A week ago today Ian turned one. I can hardly believe it. Since he may very well be my last baby it is hard to see him growing up so fast. It really does seem like just the other day that he was a tiny little bundle. He is the sweetest, best natured baby, and you just can't help but love him. Here are a few things about my baby boy at age one:
**Loves to eat just about anything.
**Sleeps like a champ.
**Already has a big personality and loves to entertain.
**Has a little blond baby mullet that I just can't bring myself to cut yet.
**Has six teeth and loves to smile.
**Best giggle ever.
**Gives great hugs and sloppy kisses.
**Loves hit himself in the head if you are watching him (don't worry I asked his doc--he said no biggie).
**Cruises everywhere and will be walking soon.
**Climbs stairs with the best--not so great at coming back down.
**Waves and says "I."
**Loves his family, and we love him so much.




This is scrunch face. He will usually do it on command along with lots of huffing and puffing to get a laugh. Works every time.


I set up his table for the party only to find him with the table cloth and everything else on the floor a few minutes later. He was enjoying himself though.


We had some family over for dinner, presents, and balloon cupcakes. It was great.


The birthday boys. Ian and my dad share the same birthday.


Ian and his cousins ready to help with his big number one cake. It really is shaped like a one, but you can't tell.


I gave him the whole bottom section, and he was ready to take charge of that cake.

It got messy.


Poor Tucker. I know these two will be best of buddies but on this particular occasion Ian could not resist that beautiful baby hair. Who can really?


All the kids except Seth were running around outside during present, so it was relatively calm.




My sweet boy. Happy Birthday Ian. We all love you so much!
(Don't be frightened by the fact that it looks like I'm holding a miniature version of my husband!)

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Awww Happy Birthday little Jer...I mean Ian!

jami v. said...

ok, i'm laughing so hard i'm crying! your last line about holding a mini jer ... so funny, and SO true!! :)

i'm glad he had such a happy birthday. i can't believe our babies are one! yikes! how quickly time flies!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is one.. holy cow..

Marie Rose said...

I can't believe he's one already. I love the last picture of you two. I see Luke and Jer...A TON! What a cute boy!