Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to School

This summer went by way too fast. When all of a sudden it was the middle of August I really wasn't ready for it to be over. It was great (most of the time) to have all the kids home all day and that won't happen again for a while since Luke is starting 1st grade this year. I think I was more nervous about it than he was although when it came right down to it he told me a couple of times, "I'm kind of scared." Those few days before school started I got a big lump in my throat just thinking about sending him off to school for almost 8 hours each day! It's hard for me to believe he's that old. We all went to back to school night and met his teacher, and I've heard great things about her so I think it will be a good year.


Here are the classic first day of school, new duds pictures. Doesn't he look grown up? It kills me! He was definitely nervous by the time the bus came but luckily he just kind of got swept up in the huge crowd of kids at our bus stop and got on. I'll be honest...I was fighting back the tears a little. What can I say, I'm a control freak, and I am used to being with him/in charge of him basically all day every day. It's hard to let go!

As soon as the bus pulled away Seth asked, "where's Luke?" It is going to be an adjustment for him too. Although Luke teases him a lot they have been best buddies this summer. I'll admit I was in kind of a slump for a few hours, but then I snapped out of it. I guess change is inevitable. These little guys are going to grow up whether I want them to or not. So I'll just have to enjoy these moments while I can...






2 comments:

jtandj said...

It was really hard for me too! Jordan said to me "I am not ready to go all day." I wanted to take her home and hold her all day!!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Luke does look old!!! It is such a hard thing letting them go back. I am right there with you on the control thing. Its hard to just send them off on the bus to the world awaiting them.