Monday, October 11, 2010

Little Stinker

I don't give Ian nearly enough attention on this blog, but he is a lot of fun (and work) lately.  Chasing him around is a full-time job.  Whenever he has any freedom he makes a beeline for somewhere he shouldn't be like the road, and if there was ever a candidate for a leash it's him.  He has absolutely no problem with wandering a long ways away from me...in like two seconds.  When we take him a public place like a soccer game, church, the park, etc. he does not care one bit about staying with us.  In fact, it seems like he would rather be playing with other people's toys, sitting on their laps, eating their food, you name it.  He has no boundaries!  I love that he's so friendly and not clingy at all but it makes it a challenge to not lose him.  He needs a bell or something...or some of those squeaky shoes.  So here are a few things Ian is up to at almost 18 months...
Ian loves to be in the shower with or without his clothes.  He disappeared one day, and I found him in here having a good old time. 

This is his "I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I am anyway" face.  He uses this one a lot.  Actually he openly mocks me and dares me to react like when he is throwing all of his food onto the floor--almost every meal, or he holds his plate out and yells "mom" in this really loud voice that sounds like a sheep (weird I know) until I take it from him.

Ian still loves his binky, but he will only take this kind.  We usually only let him have it in bed, but we're going to have to break him of the habit soon.

This was an interesting one.  I left the chair pushed out, and I found him on top of the desk standing on my laptop.  I guess he needed those pencils or maybe it was the scissors he was after.  Don't worry I scolded him after taking this picture.
Ian makes himself at home wherever he is.  At Bear Lake he didn't like his little chair that much, but he was happy to climb up in this one and utilize the drink holder.

Ian is a crack up.  He knows when he's being a ham.  He loves walking around with this bug net on his head because we all laugh.
Ian can make some serious faces.  I see the furrowed brow look in the picture above a lot.  He also has some awesome, kissable cheeks.

And of course there's the smile.  He is a happy kid (as long as you don't try to make him sit still or do something he has his mind set on).  In that case, his temper comes out and he will probably slap you (we're working on that).  Church=3 hour wrestling match right now so on Sunday toward the end of Sacrament meeting when he was getting really tired of it I grabbed his hand when he went to slap me so he head butted me--and that's not the first time.  Our friend sitting behind us laughed and commented after that he's got some good "ninja" moves.  I'm not sure that's a good quality in a one-year-old.  Lucky for me Jer is the one who is pretty much in charge of him at church, and he can go to nursery next week.  Yeah!  Little temper tantrums aside he is such a cute, fun, smily, energetic kid and we love him a lot.  He gives lots of good "loves" and sometimes it seems like everyone in the family is competing for his attention.  He is my beautiful blue-eyed, blond baby, and I can't stand seeing him grow up so fast.

3 comments:

jami v. said...

he is so very cute! and reading this makes me realize that lex isn't being naughty or needing to be shipped to her gmas -- she's just being 18 months!! :) busy, busy is RIGHT!!

Mandy said...

He's so cute! He is growing up way to fast!

Marie Rose said...

k i seriously can't believe he's that old. On a side note...I saw your mom at church on sunday...we sat on the same row. I don't think she remembered me but Eden kept trying to "get" your mom...very funny. Anyway, I think Ian and Eden would be friends....I have a feeling there are very much alike.