Monday, December 6, 2010

Classics

I have not had the time to blog lately.  We've had lots of snow, basketball games, our Christmas weekend in Salt Lake...I need to start catching up soon, but I decided to post a few quick pics that capture my kid's personalities.  (Sorry Ian.  You're really cute and any picture of you with a big goose egg would do, but I don't have one.  You pretty much lead with your forehead right now.)
I made Seth pose for this picture after coming in from getting the mail.  It was the day of the week the ads come.  He wanted to get the mail and after he had been gone a while I looked out to see him with papers flying everywhere (it was windy), and he was getting seriously frustrated.  I kind of laughed and watched him for a few minutes as he picked up one paper only to lose a few more and then went out to help him.  This could only happen to Seth.  By the time he got it inside it looked like he got swept up by a tornado or attacked by a pack of wolves...as Jer would say (to any of our kids) "this is why we can't have nice things." 


I just threw this one in here hoping it will become a classic.  Jer hung up Christmas lights for the first time at this house.  Don't worry he didn't do it before it snowed and turned frigid--nope he manned up and did it over Thanksgiving break when it was really snowy and freezing cold.  Go Jer.  He spent all this money on these LED lights and then several have burned out.  When I pulled in again tonight another one was gone--he will not be happy--way up on the highest part of the roof.  He has been out there muttering like Clark Griswold replacing them.  It does look awesome though. 

And then there is Luke.  I need to post all about the amazing changes this kid has been going through lately--for the better!  I think first grade is a great year.  This child makes me laugh like when he calls me "wonderful mother" or "my lady" or just pulls faces like these.  He really does have a great sense of humor, and he definitely keeps things lively around here.



The early snow has provided tons of fun and sledding in the "hole" in the backyard for the past few weeks but now the warm temps and rain have turned it back into a slushy, muddy mess so the kids are bummed about that.  I'm hoping the snow comes back.  If it's going to be winter, it may as well snow!  We will be hitting the slopes soon.  In fact, the Beav opened on Friday the earliest it has in years.

1 comment:

Marie Rose said...

Luke's faces are classic. Love them. I hope you dont' mind that I put a button on my blog...You never know who might see it. My address is 7915 Woolley Way, Magna UT 84044