Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Parents of the Year

I'm not sure what our  excuse is (getting old?) but a few weeks ago we were doing the usual Sunday morning rush to get ready and out the door for church.  We got loaded up in the van and were literally backing out when Jer looked back and kind of laughed saying that we didn't have Ian!  Hello!  He was just in the house playing.  I'm giving us credit that we wouldn't have actually gone without noticing he was missing, but it was close.   Just yesterday Luke said to me, "remember when we were going to church without Ian."  Yes, I remember.    (I hate to admit that on Ian's own blessing day we each thought the other person had brought Ian in the house so for a few minutes he was chilling in the garage in his car seat.)  Bad parenting noted!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I love this post. That makes me laugh. People love reading stuff like this because it makes them realize that other people do the same things as them.

jami v. said...

that's hilarious! but mostly i'm glad you remembered him because i can just IMAGINE what lex would do to my house left all alone in it, for even a matter of minutes - and i'm sure ian is the same!