Monday, February 20, 2012

Fun Weekend

I am such a bad blogger lately and an even worse picture taker.  I used to snap shots of my kids continually and now I rarely break the camera out.  Part of it is that I hate taking pictures indoors with bad light and a flash but that's not the best excuse.  We didn't have big plans for the long weekend (it wasn't even long for Jer), but we did have lots of fun anyway and everyone got along so well.  It's always nice to remember when your kids are being sweet and thankful and having fun!

We watched a lot of basketball this weekend.  Luke loves it, Seth is in it for the treats, and Ian can now be managed in bleachers.  Last year we went to almost every home MC game to see Troy play but haven't gone to any this year.  Luke went to one with a friend.  We finally hit the last one Friday night, and they won!  We doubled our fun by using Mandy and Craig's tickets (thanks!) to take the whole fam to the Aggie game Saturday night.  They did not win...not by a long shot, but it was still fun.  Jer and Luke also mixed in a day of skiing on Saturday.

This weekend we finally got some snow and it kind of looks like winter out there.  It has been such a strange winter with freakishly warm temps and virtually no snow!  We have hardly had opportunities to even break the snow clothes out at home.  Well, this weekend's storm finally put some snow on the ground.  We don't have the feet we usually have but at least there are now inches out there!  The kids enjoyed their day off of school today.  Luke ended up going sledding with a friend, and the little boys (notice how I throw Seth into either category--sorry middle child) and I made a snowman.  We also made a trip to a massive book sale, and the kids made a haul for dirt cheap.  I'm so glad my kids all love books.  I can't even keep my bookworm Luke in books, but this should last a few weeks.  He's already educated me about the Titanic which was the topic of a book he chose and read on the way home.  He's been making us laugh (including himself) all night because for some reason he cannot say that word right--he keeps saying Titantic.


Ian seemed convinced our snow man would soon be talking and walking like in the Frosty movie.  I really put a lot of effort into composing these shots so that I could be sure to get both the rain gutter and some mud in the background.


Cute boys!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That's a sweet snowman! Way to go! I feel bad we haven't made one this year. I swear, we've never had such a weird winter. It better snow one more time for me- I can't go a whole winter without a snowman!!!