Monday, February 20, 2012

Just What the Doctor Ordered

My last post was a bit on the negative side, and I decided I needed to do something about my attitude.  Jer and I have been discussing the fact that we are adding to our family and our kids really need some individual attention from each of us.  We spend lots of time together as a family and have daily moments with each kid, but we are really trying to set aside time and adjust our schedules to have a monthly activity with the older boys one-on-one.  Jer took each boy skiing just with him and Luke lucked out with an Aggie game as well in January.  I took February and had such a fun time spending some individual time with my big boys.  These pictures are from my cell phone and terrible but here's what we did...

 Luke and I went roller blading.  He has never been on any kind of roller skates/blades before.  When we got there for some reason he wanted to do the old school roller skates.  Although it was totally taking me back I tried to convince him that the blades would be more fun.  He didn't listen.  After being a total zoo for about 10 minutes and doing several sweet rock star splits he decided to take my advice.  After we switched to the blades he got the hang of it and had tons of fun.  I have honestly never roller bladed before either, but I liked it too.  We ended the night with a game of air hockey.  He just kept telling me how fun it was, and it was so great to just hang out and have fun with him.  Whenever I spend time with him alone like that I'm always amazed at how mature and grown up he's getting.  We are both looking forward to our next one-on-one.

Seth's original idea was bowling but after Luke and I did roller blading he wanted to do that.  I held him off for this month but maybe we'll give it a try next time.  Seth and I had lunch and hit the lanes and had such a fun time.  I am an awful bowler and so is Seth.  Our scores were one point different.  In my defense, he used the gutters and I didn't!

These activities were a refueling for me and were such a good reminder of what great, fun boys I have.  They were both so grateful and excited to get to go and do something fun just with me.  Love you!

No comments: