Monday, June 25, 2012

Simple Pleasures

We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.  I can't think of a better area to raise a family.  The outdoors are an important part of our lives and the fact that we live so near the mountains and within driving distance of a ski resort seals the deal for me.  We have our own little canyon only minutes away, and we headed up there with the kids a few weeks ago for an evening together. We truly decided to do this at the last minute so our dinner consisted of hot dogs, watermelon, and s'mores...it was delicious.  Watching my kids play and have fun and enjoy each other is one of those memories I'll always have imprinted in my heart.  Cheesy I know...but true.  Prov Canyon has also become my new favorite place to run now that there is an awesome single track trail up there.  I can run a mile from my house and be on a shady trail...so much better than pounding the pavement!

I snagged some pictures of the kiddos as they played, and we waited for coals to cook our gourmet dinner.

 I think Leah felt a little bored waiting for dinner.

 This picture is a little out of focus, but it captures my Ian so perfectly.


 Seth is always "working" on some sort of project.




 The s'mores brought on the smiles.

 Our attempts at a group shot weren't too successful.  "Yittle Miss Yeah" as Ian calls her was particularly uncooperative, but at least they are all together.


And she's done!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We love going up Prov canyon too. How about we do it together one of these nights?? I swear all my pictures of my kids look like yours. Evan is never cooperative and it seems impossible to get them all looking in the same direction at the same time!