Monday, July 23, 2012

Little Bird

My little bird is changing before my eyes, so I finally made the time to go out and take some pictures of her.  The boys went camping with their grandparents and Jer was gone on High Adventure with the Scouts.  That will probably happen again never, so I thought I better take advantage.  I had to break out the notes from my Photo 101 class I took three years ago to refresh my memory a bit. My friend Rose made this sweet doll for Leah when we got back from China, and she loves it. I was so happy to get a picture of her "giving it a love!" For the first time ever I tried editing a photo. I've never done anything beyond cropping or fixing red eye.  It was fun and I'd really like to start taking more pictures again, but I've got a lot to learn!






I liked the light behind her but couldn't quite get it right and wasn't sure how to edit it.




We had a fun mommy-daughter weekend.  It was great to spend some one-on-one time with Leah.  She loved it.  When I was trying to get her picture she would keep coming over to me and backing up into me to sit down in my lap.  Now we're back to complete pandemonium again but hopefully sometime this week I will make time to post more about Leah and the great strides she's made lately.  She's doing amazing, and we couldn't love her more!

2 comments:

jami v. said...

She is beautiful! And your pics are awesome!! Can't wait to hear how she's doing because she looks so good!!!

Mandy said...

I think you did great! You should give me lessons. I'm campaigning for a new camera...then I'm taking classes! She is soooo sweet! I LOVE the picture of her with the doll. You should blow that up huge for your house! :)