Friday, February 22, 2013

Science Fair

A few weeks ago the boys did Science Fair.  As a science teacher I should have been super stoked, but I'll admit I wasn't so much.  Luke decided to do it and then Seth wanted to also.  You hate to discourage your kids to do something good, but I'll admit selfishly I was kind of hoping they'd forget about it.  Well, they didn't but I came around and it was a good experience.  It was a lot of work for all of us...mostly making the boards, but they learned and had fun.

 Seth did his project on bubbles.

 Luke chose static electricity.  (An added bonus is now his class is doing a Science Fair in March, and we are all set!)


When it came time for the awards Seth won 2nd place in the kindergarten category.  He was so excited!  It was hard for him to get up there and once he did he didn't tell them he was there until they were through the second grade awards.  He won a ribbon and the totally sweet safety glasses in the picture below.  Although the competition was quite a bit more stiff in 3rd grade and Luke didn't win, he did a great job and was excited for Seth.  It turned out to be a great experience.


No comments: