Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jackson

We went on this trip back in August, but it has taken me until now to write about it.  Our last big hurrah for summer was a trip with my family to Jackson.  My family lived there for about five years when I was growing up, and I love visiting.  It's beautiful.  We stayed at a great condo in Wilson and did lots of the fun stuff Jackson has to offer.

Our first day we drove to Yellowstone.  The kids not so patiently waited for Old Faithful and fun was had by all.  We probably got a little too extreme with the warnings to Ian when we hiked around on the paths by the hot pots because pretty soon he wanted a shoulder ride and was scared to be anywhere near them!
 
 



 



   


Jer and I headed out Saturday morning for a trail run.  I was worried the whole time we might become bear bait.  That afternoon Luke, Seth, Jer, my dad, and I floated the river.  It was weird to pay money for a commercial trip, but we had lots of fun.  The boys earned their dog tags by taking a dunk in the Snake.

 


A fun day spent at String Lake.
 
  
Way across the lake you can see Jer, Luke and Seth hunting for frogs.  We caught tons.  I helped for quite a while until I was just too disgusted by the deep mud that kept sucking my sandals off—stinky and gross but perfect for frogs.




  Ian spent quite a bit of time rowing around with my dad being the "captain" of the boat.

  
   
  
 We also went to church in town, did some souvenir shopping, and just hung out at the condo.  Good times in a beautiful place.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That looks like a perfect vacation. A little water time, frogs, beautiful place. So fun!

jami v. said...

one of my favorite places too!! looks like such a great time! -- and really, frogs make everything cool in my boys' book! :)