Friday, May 9, 2014

Ian's Party Weekend

Ian turned five in April, and he partied all weekend.  I truly can't believe he's five.  He is my little buddy, and I am going to miss him so much when he goes to kindergarten next year.  In some ways he's so ready--he's a social butterfly, but in other ways he doesn't seem ready to start school.  We definitely need to work on things a bit this summer.  He is such a loving kid and always gives me big hugs and tells me I'm his "best mom".  He is also hilarious.  On Thursday he insisted that his sub in preschool was named "Nipley".  He didn't even know why that was funny, but he said it about five times in two sentences.  Ian is so curious and asks the most thoughtful, in depth questions.  Future scientist?

Ian started off the weekend with cousins and grandparents on Sunday evening.  We ate dessert and colored Easter eggs.



 






The next day was Ian's "real birthday," and he had his first friend's party.  The theme was dinosaurs.  I was a bit nervous because he wanted to invite a lot of kids and I don't know most of them or their parents that well, but it actually worked out great and was lots of fun.



The whole gang hunting for "dinosaur" eggs.

They excavated baby dinosaurs from ice.

The two lone girls at the party.  Ian's cute friend Hattie from Primary and our next door neighbor Addi.  We also had a volcano and ate cupcakes and ice cream.  It was easy and all the kids seemed to have lots of fun.

That night we celebrated one more time with my parents in honor of my dad's 70th and Ian's 5th.  It's pretty neat that they share a birthday.
   
 Ian shares his love (and our dirty laundry--he's the kid sharing everything at preschool, primary...) with everyone.  You can always count on him for a big kiss and a kind word.  Love this kid!

No comments: