Wednesday, August 13, 2008

10 Years Baby!!!

Well, it's officially been 10 years since Jer and I tied the knot! Our anniversary was on Monday. The pictures below are bad quality, but they are the only two I have scanned in. I did it when I was working on our adoption profile stuff. People really didn't have digital cameras back in the day!

The past few weeks have been a rollercoaster to say the least so our anniversary was pretty low key. We did go out to a nice dinner and had the chance to talk about something besides our kids or IVF which was really nice. And I am proud to announce that we are planning a trip in the fall with some friends of ours who are also celebrating their 10th--with no kids--to some place warm!

It is hard for me to believe that 10 years has gone by. I hate to sound sappy, but I do love Jer a lot more now than I did back then. We've been through a lot together. Particularly with our struggles with infertility, he has been my rock. I would never claim to be one of those married couples that never argue (who are those people anyway). Jer and I argue all the time over the little things, but we totally agree about everything that counts...the importance of the gospel, our plans for our family, our goal to be together forever. I could write pages about what I love about Jer, but here are just a few:

**Jer is funny. He can always make me laugh even when I want to resist.
**Jer is honest. We tell each other the truth about the big stuff and the little--like bad breath, etc. He's not one to sugarcoat, but I like that--neither am I.
**Jer still thinks I'm cute after 10 years and is very affectionate. He makes me feel loved.
**Jer and I like to do a lot of the same things. Some couples like to go their own way a lot, but Jer is my best friend and there is no one I'd rather be with. We have been so many amazing places in the backcountry and made memories that will last.
**Jer is incredibly hard working. He is a great provider.
**Jer can make/fix just about anything.
**Jer is a great dad and watching him with our kids is the best.

So that's it. Jer will probably never read this because he thinks blogging is lame, but there's my little tribute to him. Ten years down and many more to come.


August 11, 1998

11 comments:

Shera said...

Happy anniversary!!!

jilljohnson said...

Happy Anniversary! I still remember you wedding day. It is crazy to think of how many things can happen in 10 years.

Megan said...

Happy anniversary!

Kimberlee said...

Congratulations!!! 10 years is quite the milestone! Why do guys think that blogging is so lame? I love that I can keep up on friends' lives by the click of a button. I want to know what is going on in your life anyway and now it's so easy to catch up!

Katie Stacey said...

happy anniversary!

Kristy said...

THE BIG 10!! Happy Day! I can't wait for the trip..I promise I won't do any wheel jerking. Ha!

Marie Rose said...

I love it! You look exactly the same! That's hillarious...
hillarious because you are so little and STILL could be mistaken for a high school student. Congrats!

jami v. said...

happy happy happy anniversary -- i remember that wedding day! :) i can't believe it's been 10 years!! :) we sure do love you guys

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Happy anniversary! I can't BELIEVE it's been 10 years! Congrats! Your post was so cute. It made me miss you and Jer!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! What cute wedding pictures :) Good luck on the 17th!!

Nicole said...

wow. nice work guys!