Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Results Are In...

We are pregnant! I'm so excited I've got to just get right to the point. It's crazy to be announcing this when I'm 4 weeks along but when you do IVF you can't exactly withold the results from people. I feel so grateful that this worked. I still am finding it hard to believe. I've only been this excited twice before and their names are Luke and Seth! It's just hard to believe it's true after over three years of trying this second time around that I really am.

I have a confession to make. Despite my initial resolve not to--I have been doing home pregnancy tests this week. I wanted to try and prepare myself for a negative if that's how it turned out. The first test I did was faintly positive. I was annoyed I even did it because I knew it could still be the hcg trigger shot, so it didn't really tell me much. I waited a few more days and tested again and it was much darker. A BFP (Big Fat Positive) in infertility lingo. That gave me some hope, but I've been really scared to get too excited. I tested every day leading up to my blood test today with straight positives, but I still wasn't sure. I was worried they would call back with questionable numbers or something.

Jer and I headed down this morning for our test. I was a nervous wreck. Then we had to wait almost three hours for them to call with the results. I thought I might go crazy, but then the nurse called. She said it was good news! They want your hcg to be over 100 at this point and mine was 646, so it was a definite positive. My due date is April 23rd--I know that's forever away--again crazy that so many people will know so soon. We called Jer's parents on the way home and then went back to my parent's house and broke the news to them. Needless to say, they are all so excited! They have been on pins and needles just like us. I have had a permagrin on all day!

I am definitely still a little cautious about this whole thing because it's so early. This is now basically a normal pregnancy other than I continue my shots through September. We will have an ultrasound in 2 1/2 weeks to make sure it's a viable pregnancy, and they should be able to tell if it's one or two babies. I will feel much better once everything checks out okay. I am just so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father that answers prayers even though sometimes the answers come in unexpected ways and time frames. I think each of my kids are such a gift, and I feel incredibly blessed that we are going to be trusted with another sweet baby. Thanks so much for all of your prayers on our behalf. Keep them up. We are so lucky to have such great friends and family! Thanks again!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

Kristy said...

I have been waiting to hear this!!! I amm soooo extremely happy, joyous, excited for you! What a relief. I am sure everything will be great and maybe you will get two!! A couple in my ward that did IVF just had twins (boy and girl) about a month ago. Two in one shot! No pun intended. Ok...so you are going to be prego when we go on this trip! Miles was due April 25 but I had him April 6. Congratulations!!

Katie Stacey said...

Oh Jen, I'm so, so happy for you. I've been thinking about you tons and hoping that all would be well. Congrats!!!

Shera said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you guys!! That is so wonderful!! Good luck with everything and keep us all posted!

This Idaho Girl said...

That is so wonderful! My mom and I have been checking for news. I remember going through the same thing waiting for my pg test. You don't want to have hope when you've had so many disappointments. You and Jer deserve it. Congratulations.

Mandy said...

We are sooo excited for you. I just knew this would work!! :) I can't wait for the ultrasound. We'll keep praying that things go well....and I'll even keep praying for two! :)

Kimberlee said...

THIS IS SO HUGE!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't even imagine how excited you must be right now! You definitely deserve this, especially after all you have been through! I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound and if everything is fine and if there are 2 in there! Congrats again!!!

Jenny said...

CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you guys!! I am so grateful that everything worked out! I hope you have a great pregnancy :) We'll keep praying for you and that everything goes great for you!!
YEA!! :)

jami v. said...

jen (&jer :) ), we love you guys so much and are SOOOOOOOO very excited for you!! yippee! yahoo!! woopie!! :):) xoxoxox

~Our Family~ said...

Congrats to you guys.. I'm so happy for you guys.. I know exactly what you are going through.. Take care and talk to you later.

Marie Rose said...

HOOOORRRAAYYY!!! I have been checking your blog no stop for updates. I'm so happy for you! I hope you have two! Congrats! I will continue to check back for updates. Hope all goes well.

juliewesterberg said...

Wow! I knew it would work. We are so happy for you. There are still miracles. We have two of them in our family.

Judd Pickett said...

Sweet! Congratulations.

jilljohnson said...

Congrats, your mom called mine last night and told us the great news and of course my mom called all of us!! I was so excited I thought that you were not finding out until Tuesday for some reason so when my mom told me I was shocked that you alread new. Yea another Burbank what a lucky baby!

Burbank Family said...

Congratulation on this awesome news I am so excited for you guys. You make awesome parents already. Everything will be great.

Michelle W. Nate said...

Yippee! Hope everything goes well.

Bear River Photographic Society said...

Jen this is so awesome I am so excited for you guys - i have put few posts on my blog and some pics but the whole blog thing needs some more work. tell Jer i ran into Kameron Hampton at Stokes Market here in town he is engaged. he says to say hi to everyone

Emily said...

Congrats Jen - I've been checking back frequently to check for news and was excited for you! Good luck with the remaining 8 months and I'm sure that with those two cute boys, the months will fly by!

Megan said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! My mom's here with me and she says congratulations too!