Monday, April 27, 2009

Update

Here are a few more pics of the family. Jer and my mom have been such great help these last few weeks, and I've been home alone with all three boys several days now and survived! Ian has run errands and picked up carpool and doesn't even know it. For the most part my boys have been great. Seth has warmed up to Ian a lot. He doesn't want a ton to do with him, but he doesn't seem bothered either. Luke loves to hold him and check on him and has been a good little helper for me. Yesterday Jer made a trip to the Instacare with Luke and Seth, and they both have strep so I'm trying to keep them away from the baby as much as possible until tomorrow. We had a bit of a rough night last night. Apparently newborns aren't very susceptible to strep, so I'm really hopeful that Ian won't get sick. I can't believe that Ian will be two weeks old tomorrow. It really does go fast. So far he is eating great...no spitting up...yea!!! He is also going back to sleep pretty well after feedings, so I'm hoping he will stay that way. Breastfeeding has been the source of lots of questions and humor around here. The other day Luke pulled up his shirt and told Seth to get a drink of milk from him. Seth has also climbed up on my lap while I'm nursing and said "eat" while coming at me with an open mouth full of teeth! I'm hoping the novelty wears off soon!





10 comments:

Amy said...

ohhhh CUTE BOYS JEN!!!! Ian is so so so tiny and sweet... and super handsome already ;)

congratulations!!! ....and hope all the strep leaves SOON!!!

jilljohnson said...

He is so cute. I love the nursing stories. I am glad that Seth is warming up to him. I hope the older boys start to feel better soon.

Katie Stacey said...

Your nursing stories cracked me up. I hope your kids start feeling better and that Ian stays nice and healthy. What cute boys!

Unknown said...

congrats!! he is soo cute!!

Kristy said...

He really is a cute little guy. It is fun seeing how the siblings react to the newest addition. Brighton is still Stella and Miles little pet!

jami v. said...

oh so adorable!! i'm glad you are adjusting and doing well!!

please blessing the boys get over their strep soon! yikes!

Burbank Family said...

Your nursing storie were cute. You have a cute family. I'm glad your adjusting and there is no spitting up.

KW said...

Jen he is too cute. I think Ian looks like Jer. We want to come see you when the boys are feeling better, maybe some time next week. You just wait with three kids someone is AlWAYS sick!

Emily said...

Super Cute Boys Jen! How fun to have so many boys around the house!

Mandy said...

He's so cute...and changing so fast! He looks like a Burbank for sure! :) I'm going to come and get Luke and Seth one of these day, maybe when the strep is better! :) He's adorable...