Wednesday, November 4, 2009

R.I.P. Halloween

I'm not that into Halloween, but we celebrated for a week anyway and had a good time. Luke was super excited this year, so I couldn't help but get into the spirit. I do love fall. We started off with a fun Halloween party at my mom's house that included pumpkin carving.




Let the wild rumpus begin! We hit the annual Pumpkin Walk.

Friday there was a big Halloween carnival at Luke's school. It was crazy and crowded, but the kids had a great time. I even dressed up...a first since junior high. (I had a bad experience where I didn't get the memo it wasn't cool to dress up anymore, and I felt like a loser but I'm over it now.) Dont' worry--I wasn't creative or anything. I was just a witch, and I didn't even take a picture! We had the grandmas and grandpas over after for chili, and the boys had a great time playing with them.
This year we had a firefighter and an astronaut. Luke could not decide what to be and Seth didn't care. I found these costumes at good prices, and they ended up being a hit. Although when the day came, Seth did not want to wear his. He has become super picky about clothes and only wants to wear camo or basketball shorts each day. He even changes when I'm not looking. I'm thinking next year I will try to talk them into something we can just kind of put together like a mummy, or I'll get crafty and make something...maybe.


Check out those moon boots. They are just shoe covers, but they were a fight.


Luke loved his costume, and I'm sure he will continue to dress up in it throughout the year.
We went to the ward party and trunk or treat and then went to visit some family. It was a great time. We also went trick or treating to Luke's kindergarten teacher. She is amazing. She sent home a letter inviting all of her students over, and she visited with our whole family for about 5 minutes. I sure did not do that when I was teaching.

And we can't forget the cutest skeleton on the block.

Each boy has worn this skeleton costume, so I had fun looking at skeleton's past.

Seth Skeleton October 2007


Luke Skeleton with cousin K'Lee October 2004

2 comments:

jami v. said...

such great pics. i swear holidays are for kids -- and make it so much more fun. ((the pumpkins are down and gone at our house and turkey fest has arrived. :) the joy of kids and holidays!! ))

i love the costumes, and i love the skeleton progression. :)

Julie said...

Cute pictures! When you guys came in to church today Klein was waving and saying "hi Seth" in her way. I was pretty impressed when you took Ian out and Seth stayed there. I am sorry but I think I know where the love of basketball shorts came from... I am just glad I can still dress Klein and that Max will follow the rule of only wearing basketball shorts to school one day a week.