Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chairlift Revisited

So I have a few minutes to myself while Luke is skiing with Jer and my little boys are napping. I talked about skiing and riding the chairlift in yesterday's record-breaking lengthy post, but here I go again. I read on a friend's blog about her little boy who is Luke's friend riding up the chairlift on his own, and I thought that was a bit scary. Last night at dinner Luke informed Jer and I that he rode up on the lift himself at his lesson last week. We both basically told him he was fibbing. In fact, Jer told Luke he was going to ask his teacher about it today and Luke told him to do it. After that I wasn't so sure, but I did tell his teacher last week before class that he needed some assistance in that department. When I ride up with him, I'm so careful to keep a hold of him and help him off at the top. (Hey, he did fall asleep that one time.)

Anyhow, today at a bridal shower I was talking to my cousin Jodi, and she said she couldn't believe it last week when she saw Luke and the other kids in his class riding the Little Beav lift by themselves!! I had to laugh, and I explained to her how we accused Luke of telling a tall tale. That's probably one of those things I'd be better off not knowing.

I have to say that skiing with Luke this year has already been so fun. I must take pictures soon! Skiing has always been a part of my life, and I think it's such a fun family activity. I had lots of quality talks with my dad on the chairlift even when I was an ornery teenager. I also drove up with girlfriends to go skiing lots of weekends in high school and looking back we were lucky to have escaped a few of those adventures without injury. Last week watching Luke's big old helmeted head on his tiny body bob down Gentle Ben in front of me, I'll admit I had a lump in my throat for a second. He was just so dang cute, and it's fun to see your kids learn something new, especially if it's something you love. Now I just need to apologize to Luke when he gets home!

3 comments:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Okay, now I am really scared about Luke and Samantha on the lift alone. I hadn't heard that Luke fell asleep until I just read your previous post. I guess that's why the lift operators have the stop button on top...sleeping small children. I loved your random post. Sometimes it is just fun to catch up on the day to day small things!!

jtandj said...

I too about died when I saw Luke and Sammy sitting along, their little skis sticking striaght out. Proof that our kids will be a heck of a lot braver when we are not around!!

Marie Rose said...

I can't believe how big Luke is getting. okay so I'm going to be in Ogden alot here in a bit. I'll be up the weekend of the 30th. I'll be up on Feb. 6th and I'll be up the weekend of the 12th. Let's plan a lunch for one of those times. When are you free?