Monday, January 25, 2010

9 Month Update

I feel like I neglect Ian a little on this blog so here's a post all about him. He turned 9 months old this month. I can't believe he's been here as long as I was pregnant--it really has flown by. I really will be sad to be done with the baby stage with him because he is such a good natured baby. He is almost always happy and content and sleeps like a champ. He has the most beautiful blue eyes and is very cuddly. He is also very friendly. After church yesterday several people commented about what a ham he was in sacrament meeting and at least 10 people told me how much he looks like Jer. I've noticed! I read a story a while ago about IVF embryos that were transferred into the wrong moms (which is so sad), but I feel confident we got our baby! It's true...the older he gets the more he's the spitting image of his dad--minus the red hair. He's a blondy all the way and is working on a little fringe mullet in the back.


Drool is a constant around here right now. Ian still has no teeth, but he has quite a few that look like they could come through soon, so he's a drooler. It's hard to get a picture of him sitting still like this. He's a happy baby, but he's not one to hold still and play. You can surround him with tons of toys, but he just crawls off to play with an outlet or something. He still prefers his army crawl but he does both, and he is pulling up to things he can reach. He already opens drawers and has taken a roll down a couple of stairs. He is just about impossible to change right now because he's so wiggly. He could be a baby wrestler because you cannot keep this kid on his back.




Ian loves to give wet sloppy kisses and Seth is willing to take them. He thinks it's funny. Sidenote about Seth: He's potty trained! I'm loving having only one kid in diapers!


I really can't express what a blessing Ian has been to our family. We all love him so much!

2 comments:

BeckyB.West said...

I just noticed that we both did posts today on our "babies", though mine's a toddler now. Looks like that motherly guilt did a job on both of us:) Ian is very cute and has beautiful baby blues.

Marie Rose said...

He is so cute. I love the sloppy kisses! I hear ya on the drool part. I have dubbed Miss Eden the Drool Queen! Well, I hope we can get together soon. I'll be up this weekend (short notice, I know) but then I'll be up the 6th and the weekend of the 12th (I'll be up Thursday night) So if either of those weekends work for you let me know.