Thursday, May 27, 2010

Party Weekend

Most people probably aren't too interested in the specifics of Seth's birthday celebration, but for the sake of my family journal here we go.

Seth spent his actual birthday night at the father/son overnighter. He was so excited about it. I bought a huge sheet cake and sent it so everyone could sing to him. The pic is from a phone, but it's still cute. Every last piece was gone.


The boys had fun even though it poured rain all night. The next day we set the tent back up to air out, so this is my only record of the trip.


Sunday afternoon we had a small family party for Seth. He was so excited about having "two birthdays." The theme was Toy Story, but I didn't even attempt a cake. Instead I bought the Toy Story bucket of soliders, and we made cupcakes. There were 72 little guys in that bucket, and the boys have played with them a lot.






I really slacked on taking pictures and hardly got any of Seth let alone our family, but we're so grateful to grandmas and grandpas and TJ and Amy's family for coming and making it so fun. Our big present to Seth was this helmet so he can ride the 4-wheeler and motorcycle with Jer. The bike helmet just doesn't cut it. He's pretty excited about it. Now he just wishes he had his own ride. Our neighbor bought their little boy a real motorcycle and Seth seriously covets it. Maybe when he's older...maybe.

Oh, another birthday over.

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

He's one cute little kid. I love the toy soldiers on the tiered cupcakes. Great idea. I love the list of thins that Seth loves on the post below. I especially love the part about the chocolate milk. :) I have one just like that!