Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Firsts

The last few weeks have been busy, but here are a few firsts for our family that happened the last month or so.

Bunkbeds!
We finally got rid of Seth's crib that he had been climbing out of forever and got the boys into bunk beds. My dad made them in his shop, and they are awesome.


We are now in need of a new dresser, but we're still using the drawers that went under Luke's old bed for clothes, and they are Ian's favorite play place.


Fun Run!
Our whole family participated in the fun run at Luke's school. It was a great morning. I ran the mile with Luke while pushing Seth and Ian. Jer ran the 5K. I had good intentions of having Luke train a little which I didn't follow through with, but it was no problem. It was a lot of fun.


Haircut!
Ian's baby mullet was getting too out of control (this picture does not do it justice), so I had my friend trim it up when the boys went for their haircuts. Goodbye Goldilocks.


Here's the new man. It did make him look older which kills me.


Zap!
This guy has been busy as usual. He gave me quite a surprise when he used a butter knife to pry a cord out of an outlet. Yep. Burnt cord end, burnt knife, blackened outlet cover, tripped breaker...but he was just fine.


First ride!
Ian experienced his first ride in his grandpa's new Razor. He loved it.


Photo class!
I am actually taking a photo class and learning how to use my camera in manual mode...as in no auto shots. It is really fun, and I'm learning a lot. I'll have to post some more pics as I take some good ones. The weather outside has not been super cooperative for photography.

I love this one. People always ask me where he gets his blond hair. Well, here you go.



Fiddling with aperture. Yes, I actually used that word and am learning what it means.

6 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I really enjoyed this post. Those bunkbeds look amazing. I love Ian's baby mullet. He is so cute. I read your blog all the time, I love reading about your kids. I love the part about Seth and the butter knife, I had to laugh, my daughter did something very similar last week!

jtandj said...

Great photos Jen! I loved Stevie's bluetooth! Totally made me laugh.

jami v. said...

i love your firsts. :) such great pics of your fam (and way to go on the photography class! i'm SO jealous. something i've always wanted to do ... one day. :) ) ... and i'm SO glad seth is ok. yikes. bet he keeps you on your toes, huh?? (is that an understatement??)

Katie Stacey said...

The bunk bed is awesome! I never thanked you for dropping that formula off for me. It was greatly appreciated!

Burbank Family said...

I love the pictures they are way cute.

Kristy said...

Awww you made the switch to bunk beds. They are a favorite item around here!