Thursday, May 19, 2011

Panda Fun Run

Our family participated in Luke's elementary fun run again this year.  This year Seth wanted to run too.  It's a mile and we didn't do any practice, but I knew we could just walk as much as we needed to.  Ian was just a spectator this year.  Luke and Jer ran together and Seth and I were a team.  Luke did great and took third place in his age division.  He was so excited to get a ribbon.  Seth and I finished in just over 14 minutes.  He started off at a run (a fast one), but we mixed in lots of walking.  Whenever he started running again it was at full speed until he was tired again.  He wasn't really into pacing himself.  When we turned the corner and he saw the finish line he turned on the gas and ran across with a huge smile on his face.  Seth took fourth in the four and under category.  I know some of the kids ahead of him rode in strollers, but he didn't care.  I'm lucky to have such great boys.

My parents were there to watch and take pictures.  We headed over right after to Luke's soccer game.  Jer's parents came to that too and then we all met up with TJ and Amy's family for a little Mother's Day brunch.  TJ and Amy's kids came over to play that afternoon, and it was a great Saturday.  I am so grateful my kids have such awesome, supportive grandparents.

 Aren't we photogenic.  Ian covers his eyes or just runs away almost every time I get the camera out.

 Not sure what my face is all about.  Doesn't it look like I'm running fast?

Luke and Jer crossing the finish.

 Seth's big finish.


Go Luke!

3 comments:

jami v. said...

could your kids be any cuter? so fun! and i love that ian hides his eyes in pics. wait until i post the picture of our fam the day we blessed will. miles is just like ian ... not ONE good pic with miles. wanted to beat him. at least ian is still cute hidden. :)

Marie Rose said...

You are awesome and your kids are so big....i love reading your posts

Mandy said...

Cute pictures! You and Seth did awesome! :) I loved when he sprinted by as people cheered for him! :)