Monday, December 31, 2012

December Goings On

When I go nearly a month without blogging, especially a month like December, then I'm so behind I can't really do any event justice.  This post is just tons of pics of things we did during this busy, crazy month!  I guess it's better than nothing.  The next two weeks are going to be insanely busy so I'm just trying to get December on here so I can slurp it into a blog book.  Sadly I'm still working on the 2011 blog book.  It's the worst to get so behind!

 This little snowman with the babies under it that lights and sings was Leah's nemesis at first and then it became her favorite.

 The kids decorated big gingerbread men this year.  Leah just licked or ate off every topping we gave her for hers.  The kids also tried to eat them even though they were rock hard.  On Christmas Eve we made gingerbread cookies that were actually edible!



 Seth rearranged every nativity in our house so they were like this with all the characters really close.  He said that "everyone should be gathered around the baby Jesus."  I thought that was pretty sweet.

 Seth wanted so badly to make sugar cookies, and we finally got around to it.  I feel bad I don't do it more often because he loves to help so much.  He just kept saying how fun it was.  He got his own rolling pin for Christmas.


 Ian just showed up in time to frost and sprinkle.


 Seth had his kindergarten program and my picture taking was an epic fail.  Sorry Seth I did auto everything and the camera's focused on the guy next to you!  I also thought I took a bunch of video, but it turns out I didn't.  Anyhow Seth was so excited for this, and he sang his little heart out.  So cute!  This program was only a few days after that school shooting in Connecticut, and I couldn't help but think about all those poor families of kids Seth's age who are now missing their own kids.  So sad.



  




My slippers were a hot item around here for a few days.  Luckily everyone got their own pair on Christmas Eve.






Luke also played basketball again this year.  He had a fun team and really enjoyed it.  I took virtually no pictures, but it was a good season with lots of friends!

No comments: