Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March Madness

This month has actually been pretty calm.  We are getting ready to go on a little Spring Break trip and then we get back and start into soccer and then all the end of year stuff, so it seems like a good time to write about most of March before it gets crazy.  I spent a lot of time outside, mostly in the early am, running in this mild weather.  I have a little gang of early morning running friends here in Wellsville and Estee and I have hit the trails when possible.  I also started going to an exercise class in January that has been really fun.  It's been a while since I've done group exercise but this one is pretty intense while at the same time fun.  It's not a gym just a bunch of crazy ladies working our old hineys off!

I turned 39 this month.  Next year's the big one.  I had a very nice bday this year complete with lunch with a friend, dinner at Kabuki with the fam, being spoiled by Jer, and lots of little treats and messages from friends and family--including the dessert from my sweet neighbor Stephanie that was so cute I had to take a picture.  My birthday was kind of bittersweet because it's also the day Andi lost her battle with cancer.  It was inevitable at that point but still is hard to wrap my head around.  We had some really fun times in Jerusalem and during college, and I'm sad I won't just run into her anymore.  I'm even more sad for Cort and her girls...such a loss for them.  She was a beautiful person that made this world a better place.  I found an old picture of her to repost below.  Her funeral was beautiful, and I hope her family is finding some peace.  I will remember her every year forever on my birthday.

 Not sure about that face of mine, but I picked a good one of Andi.  This was back in 2008.  She was always smiling.

 
 
My cute little leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day minus one.  Don't mind our Christmas tree in the background.  These kids have lots of fun together.  They were creating their own landscape complete with ponds and trees.

 


 

 

 
There were a bunch of weird selfies Jer had taken when I checked dropbox, so I posted one.  This is his classic picture face.  Ian inherited this one.
 
Finally a rainy spring day, and it put some snow back on the mountains!


  Jer completed this little honey do project for me on a Saturday we didn't go skiing.  It's down in the basement.  He rocks.  Now we have enough yard work to last us until eternity.  I am not looking forward to putting in the yard, but I am looking forward to getting rid of all this dirt!  It's so messy.


1 comment:

jami v. said...

ah. i didn't realize andi passed on your birthday. such a sad thing for that family -- she was amazing.

love your updates. love knowing what's going on and that you are all doing well and still plugging along.

love the picture wall. :) and love all the pics of your kids (even your biggest one-jer :)) ... good stuff.