Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happenings

I thought I'd hurry and post some pics of what has been going on this past month or so around here. We've finally had some nice weather which has been great for the kids. In fact, I'm already complaining that it's too hot. I guess that makes me impossible. I still can't believe how fast my boys are growing up on me. They are lots of fun and sometimes frustration (please tell me I'm not the only one). Seth has had some major milestones lately. So here goes...




Multi-tasking. Luke speaks very well, but despite the fact that he eats 3 or 4 each day he cannot say popsicle to save his life. He either says "poxipull" or "popicksle."


Seth has four teeth now which he likes to show off. If you ask him to do a "cheesy smile" he'll give you one of these if he's in the performing mood.


Check out those luxurious locks. Seth's in serious need of a haircut before he has a baby mullet.


My old friend Andi and I chit-chatting before the bike ride.


My buns right out of the starting gate. That's as good as it gets.


K'Lee and Luke at swim lessons. Luke had a lot of fun this year. He only had one day when he really gave his new teacher a run for her money. What a difference a year makes! Last year Luke was horrible, and I acted like I was trying out for "Mommy Dearest." (That's not a good thing in case you haven't seen the movie. I'm exaggerating a little--but not a lot.)


Most mornings Luke runs into Seth's room and climbs into his crib with him as soon as he hears him. He then proceeds to tickle and torment but Seth usually likes it. Check out that hair.


Before the haircut. The sleeveless shirt isn't making him look any more uptown, that's for sure.


My friend Tami gave him his new do. He was pleased as punch to get a sucker.


The end result. I swear he aged a year!


Luke loves to give Seth rides in his gator. Seth has to wear his seatbelt, and I supervise. They both love it (can't you tell from the look on Seth's face).


Seth's a walking man. He's been walking all over the place this week. He goes more side-to-side than forward.


I figured I should document Luke's two favorite toys for posterity. On the left, you may have to look hard, is Roast Beef the dinosaur. I'm not sure why Luke named him that but it has stuck for over a year. Luke and I dug him out of the flowerbed at our rental house, and he has become quite the treasure. On the right is lizard. His tail used to be about 6 inches longer, but he receives some pretty rough treatment. These are his two best toy pals, and they both gave us some anxiety when they were missing for a while on our DisneyWorld trip. No worries though. They were found and all was right with Luke's world!

5 comments:

Shera said...

Your kids are so cute!!!

jami v. said...

so much fun ... and i love the new do on seth :) it does make him look older! :)

Kimberlee said...

I seriously LOVE to read your posts. I love your commentary on latest of your kids. It is so funny to read, I laugh every time. Seth's cut is sooo cute on him. I can't believe he sat there for it and was all content just from the sucker!

Katie Stacey said...

You are so not the only one with the parenting frustration! Your kids are so cute! I love Seth's haircut. I'm praying the someday Savannah will have enough hair for one of those! We should definately do McDonalds again!

Mandy said...

Wow...he does look a year older after the haircut! it looks so cute...and I loved your buns in spandex! :)