Friday, June 13, 2008

Jer Tag


One of Jer's new hobbies.

I am a slacker about tags, but I thought I'd do this one since it's about Jer, and sadly I don't write very much about him on my blog. He is the most important guy in my life after all! So here goes:

23 Q&As about my hubby
1. What's his name? Jeremy Scott but everyone calls him Jer
2. How long have you been together? Married 10 years this August!!! Together almost 12 years!
3. How long did you date? This gets a little complicated. Lets just say we had our ups and downs (mostly due to me)--1 year and a half--off and on!
4. Who eats more? Jer. Although he is not the "Billy Whopper" eater he once was. He has dropped more than 25 lbs. in the last few months.
5. Who said "I love you" first? I'm not sure. We hadn't been dating long!
6. Who is taller? Jer.
7. Who sings better? Probably Jer. We both like to sing along in the car. He's actually pretty good.
8. Who is smarter? I think we're both smart. We each have our strengths.
9. Who does the laundry? Me.
10. Who does the dishes? Mostly me.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me.
12. Who pays the bills? Me.
13. Who mows the lawn? Usually Jer. We kind of have to fight over that one though because we both like it. We haven't had a yard in a while, but Jer is definitely the manual labor guy. He works hard!
14. Who cooks dinner? Me. Jer does make us breakfast sometimes though.
15. Who drives when you are together? Jer. He is a horrible backseat driver. It's not even worth it.
16. Who is more stubborn? That's a toss up. We are both very pigheaded.
17. Who kissed who first? Jer would probably say me, but I'd say it was mutual. First date I'm embarrassed to admit.
18. Who asked who out first? Jer asked me.
19. Who proposed? This is a sticky one. We were engaged and unengaged several times (like 10 times if you ask Jer). He swears that I proposed that final time. I'd say we just finally agreed to get married.
20. Who is more sensitive? Me.
21. Who has more friends? Jer. We both have friends, but Jer is a lot more social than I am.
22. Who has more siblings? Jer.
23. Who wears the pants in the family? We both do. We have the same goals for our life and our family, so we almost always see eye to eye on the big things.

I'm so lucky to be married to my best friend. Jer is a great husband and dad, and I love him!


He's like a big kid sometimes.

Side Note:



Last Saturday I rode in the annual Little Red Riding Hood bike ride for women. It was good fun. I signed up for it with the intent to train and then didn't. I have been on my trainer a lot over the winter, but I have not been out riding hardly at all. I was very nervous as it approached and thought about backing out. There were a bunch of different distances you could ride ranging from 36-102 miles. I chose the 80-miler. It was great! It was so much fun. The weather was cool and perfect. There were a lot of friends I knew there plus I made a few new ones. Next year I definitely want to get a group together and do the full course. My outfit was not quite as sexy as the lady in the picture above. Jer did take some pics of me, but I haven't downloaded them yet. In fact, when you're wearing spandex biking shorts it's pretty much the opposite of attractive! There were lots of fun people and good food and the big bad wolf even showed up. Very fun!


5 comments:

jami v. said...

i love the info about jer - and it is pretty funny when you put all that "off and on" down on paper (or post i guess) :) but when it's meant to be it's meant to be! :)

ps-good job again on the 80 miler :)

Kristy said...

Jer is a big kid. And yes he is quite the back seat driver. I don't think he will ever let me live down the jerking of the wheel. Where his life flashed before his eyes. You know the story!! You go biker girl. I need some motivation to kick this body into shape!Maybe a half marathon! I have no desire to do a 26 miler!

Mandy said...

I liked the post. And even Jer knows it was 10 times! :) Jer is a great guy...and you guys are perfect together!
I also think you should post pictures of you from the ride! We would love to see you in spandex! :) Good job...one day I'm getting a bike....and I'll ride with you. :)

Kimberlee said...

Awesome picture of Jer in the water. He is so much fun, I loved working with him. You're right, he does have a very social personality. Cute post, I enjoyed reading it. I haven't seen you guys in forever, so it's nice to read your blog and keep up!

jami v. said...

jen-fun new background ... isn't that the best site? :)