Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Busy Boy

I have not had the time, desire, motivation, inspiration...to blog lately, but I'll give it a shot. Seth has become quite the busy boy. If I leave him alone for a minute he gets into some sort of trouble. He is also very industrious and quite the little problem solver. Whether it's rearranging the kitchen or filling dishes with cars he really gets after it. In order to see the frogs and crickets better (yes, they are still alive), he hauls any stool or little chair he can get his hands on in there and climbs up. While he's up there he removes the tubes from the cricket keeper releasing live crickets into the house. Now that this has happened several times I am catching on and have moved them higher.


This is Seth's "who me?" face.


This is his "I know I'm cute" face.


The "100 cookie cutters" are a constant source of entertainment.


As seen in the picture above, Seth has some chunky feet. He has what Jer refers to as "cankles" when your calf and ankle just merge together. This has made finding shoes for him pretty hard. Most shoes do not even begin to go on his little block feet. These poor sandals have been worn every day and to every occasion the entire summer. I'm happy to say that we found Seth two pairs of shoes for the winter. They are extra wide width and actually fit. It's still a half-day's work to get them on but once they're on they seem comfortable. Somehow his cankles are cute, but when I have some in 6 months they won't be.


Seth's "belly laugh" makes everyone laugh. Right now he is a snaggle tooth--two actually. He somehow managed to chip his two front teeth. I'm not picturing a trip to the dentist going very well.

7 comments:

jilljohnson said...

I love all the pictures. I love how they like to play with house hold items over all the toys they have.

jami v. said...

he is so cute! i think he and miles are just meant to be friends - not only because of the climbing, etc but because miles has some seriously chubby feet too. crocs have been his only shoe this entire summer. (and just for the record i'm pretty sure you've never had cankles-and never will - even beening 9 months prego! :))

fun for you with loose crickets. :) i'm sure you handled that better than i would! (i'm sure some sort of screaming would have been involved had that been in my house. :))

Michelle W. Nate said...

Give him awhile and he'll find a way to get the crickets even up high. :)

KW said...

Jen he's getting so big! I love it. I tried to buy Maddie shoes yesterday and she also has cankles but I wasn't able to find any that her fat feet would fit into. Where'd you find wide ones?

Burbank Family said...

He is such a cute boy. The pictures are really cute of him.

Jen said...

Hey Kylee, you probably won't look here for my response, so I'll email you. I got the shoes in Park City at an outlet but they are Stride Rite brand which comes in wide and extra-wide. I think several different dept. stores have them.

Nicole said...

Those are some cute boys! I had to look at that picture twice to figure out exactly what Luke was doing to Seth (with the thing over his head) - funny!