Monday, September 8, 2008

Fun, Frogs, and First Day of School



Over Labor Day we went to Park City with my family and had a great time. I actually took quite a few pics this time, so here are a few. Luke and Seth had fun at the playground at our condo. Seth is quite a handful at the playground. He climbs anything and everything but seems to have no concepts of edges or gravity.



Luke and Jer used the last of our freebie passes from the time share again to ride the Alpine Slide and then along with grandpa they did the Alpine coaster. Luke loved all of it--he loves rides and going fast. Luke was also so excited to take Seth on the airplane ride. Last time Seth was sleeping in his stroller. Luke thought that was pretty cool to be the pilot for Seth. Seth had a hard time figuring out where I was for pictures. I was just glad he didn't try to stand up and bail out.



Luke's first day of preschool was last week. I guess this is his 2nd first day since he went last year. He was excited about the first day and his Batman backpack, but in general he is a pill about school as usual. When he's home all he wants to do is go outside and find friends to play with, but when it is time for something like school he never wants to go. We went through this pain last year and it was only once a week! Fortunately, he always has fun and does great once he's there. He is going to a different school this year for three days a week. We carpool so I'm hoping that helps ease the separation. He won't throw a fit for someone else's mom, right?



Luke has been potty trained for a long time, but he has still really struggled staying dry at night. I just don't think his body was ready--slow bloomer I guess. The last 2 months or so he has finally started showing signs of staying dry. We promised him that if he could be consistent for a month or so he could get a pet--I said specifically fish. Well, he has really been patient and done great and finally that battle is over. He has not had an accident in over a month. We are all so excited. Last week it came time to pay up. We went to the pet store, and I lobbied hard for a fish. By then he was set on a lizard. Lizards need light and temperature...blah blah blah...so I was not too stoked about that. The girl at the pet store suggested frogs, and he went for it. They didn't even have the right size aquarium, so we had to wait 2 more days. He was great about it and so excited! Saturday we became the proud owners of 3 fire-belly toads. They are kind of cool little pets. Luke named them Fred, Stitch, and Jo-Jo. Here's the kicker though--they eat crickets! Yea, I just signed myself up for a weekly trip to the pet store to buy crickets. Like I said, I was pushing for the fish!!!

4 comments:

jami v. said...

i love it! :) i love the pictures and hearing about luke's adventures at school. cole starts today and i'm already a little nervous about the separation thing, since even nursery has been awful lately.

too bad you aren't closer and i could have given you frogs for free! :) we have them in our back yard. i know. crazy. it's cole's favorite thing to go out and go "frog hunting." you are a better mom than i because our frogs don't get to EVER come in the house! :)

jilljohnson said...

THe pictures are so cute. Looks like you had a great labor day weekend. Jordan and Samantha love school too.

Marie Rose said...

I feel your pain. My nephews have a spotted gecko and I swear if it wasn't for me the poor thing would have passed on already. I am constantly turning on or off its lights and ALWAYS giving it water and food. Luckily this gecko eats millworms...but none the less fish would have been much easier!

Julie said...

Just so you know...we have never been able to keep frogs alive at our house. My favorite and least demanding pet we have ever had, and only one we still have is a russian tortoise. They eat veggies about every 3 days...way easy. So if the frogs don't make it, you can have a back up plan. Your kids are way cute. And I hope you keep your frogs alive.