Thursday, September 25, 2008

No More Shots For Me!

I thought I'd do a quick post in honor of the fact that I am officially done with my IVF injections today!!! I have been doing them since July 6th, so I am pretty excited. It was so worth it, but I can't say I'm going to miss getting a big shot in the bum each morning. Now I'm just hoping that area can start to return to normal. Tomorrow will be kind of weird. It's just become part of my morning routine to have Jer give me a shot before he goes to work. I always say "thanks" when he's done. He has assured me that I really don't need to thank him for it, but it seems like I should say something.

This was my setup for the week or so I was doing the stims (3 different injections each day). Yes, I have my own sharps container. Not many people can say that--or want to. These shots I gave myself but when it came time for the big needle I had to enlist Jer. By my count this process involved 104 injections, 2 IVs, and 4 blood draws. I had to have my blood drawn at my OB appointment the other day, and I told them to go for it but warned them about my terrible veins. Well, 35 minutes, 2 nurses, and 3 attempts later they had what they needed. My arms look like I'm a junkie or something. I could go awhile without seeing a needle. On the other hand, I've kind of gotten used to it and it worked---I'm pregnant--so I really can't complain.

There he is--what a pro. He can give a shot with the best of them.

9 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

It is amazing what we will put ourselves through to have our little ones. I am sure you will be glad to be done with that. Hope you are feeling alright.

jilljohnson said...

Awesome that is great that you are done with that part. I would have not wanted to do that but, I sure I would have done it to.

~Our Family~ said...

Hi this is Cindy from Preston... I know when I was done with the shots it was a relief for me too... I know the feeling of having your hips get back to normal mine were huge from them.. I'm so excited for you guys... I hope you are feeling good. Take care...

jami v. said...

wow. maybe jer should pick up shot-giving as a side business. look how official he looks! :) hehehe

i'm happy for you guys ... happy for the baby on it's way and happy you're done with shots. :)xoxoox

Burbank Family said...

Awesome that you are done with those wonderful needles. But we do what we need to have those wonderful kids. Hope all is going well for you.

Nicole said...

wassup dr. Jer? You are brave, Jen!

Marie Rose said...

What a good husband. I'm glad you are done with shot and you're going to have a baby!!! I'm so excited for you!

juliewesterberg said...

You trust this person with a needle??????

Julie said...

Jen-
okay, so here I am your next door neighbor and didn't know you had a blog. I am up late tonight making salsa and having fun connecting to blogs. Very cute and I am very happy you are done with the shots. I can't wait to find out what you are having!