Saturday, September 6, 2008

One Bun

Well, it's official--we have one bun in the oven. I had my ultrasound on Wednesday and the doc confirmed that we've got one baby growing in there. We are so excited. It is starting to seem more real. There's not much to see at this point, but they can tell it's a uterine pregnancy and they could see the heartbeat. They printed pics off for me of my little, tiny bean. I had an ultrasound at this point with Luke as well. I compared the pics when I got home and they both looked like little blobs with a halo (the yolk sac) at this stage! We haven't really told the kids yet. Luke talks about having a brother or a sister, and I think he will be excited. Seth won't understand and the addition of a baby might rock his world a bit. Right now he is such a mama's boy. Oh well, we'll figure it out. The more the merrier, right? I'm feeling more and more confident each day that everything is going to work out alright. I had a really hard time believing I was pregnant with Luke my whole first trimester and I had some moments of disbelief throughout the adoption process as well, so I guess feeling like that is just part of the whole infertility thing. I did find a doc I like. I have been unable to find a doc since we moved here two years ago. If you are not pregnant or in need of surgery, there is not a doc in this town who will take you. Both Jer and I really liked him. Well, I guess that's about it. I'm having another ultrasound in 2 weeks for added reassurance. I thought of putting one of those little pregnancy countdown things up on the blog but since it would say I have like 230 days left or something I think I'll wait on that a bit.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Yea!! How exciting!! I am so glad everything is working out for you guys! I am 18 weeks along and I'm still not sure if I actually believe I'm going to have a baby! Maybe when it gets here it will be real!!

Katie Stacey said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you!

jilljohnson said...

We are so excited for you! What a fun time in your life.

Wanna-be-Cowgirl (aka Emily) said...

It's fun to hear of all the progress your making and I'm super exciting for you!

Marie Rose said...

hooorrrayyy!!! I'm so happy for you. I so hope it's a girl. How cute would she be?! Well, I'm glad everything is working out. I can't wait til meet 'em

Marie Rose said...

Hey Jen,
I need to ask you a question, but I don't know if i have your right email. Send me an email will ya? mariehutchison@hotmail.com Thanks!

jami v. said...

ah ... happy baby!! :) one bun sounds perfectly perfect to me! congrats again.

Mandy said...

We're so excited for you! Luke and Seth will be such great big brothers! It may rock momma's boy a little...but he'll be older....and it will be great! We are VERY happy for you! Yeah!!!

Kristy said...

We are so happy for you and your one bun in the oven!

Erica said...

Congratulations Jen! I am still so excited! I found your blog through Emily, and just linked you... I hope that's okay. I hope you're still feeling well.