Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Biggest Loser

Warning: Ramblings of a pregnant woman with insomnia.

Well, I think I'm officially the Biggest Loser--definitely not of weight. I don't watch that much TV but there are a few shows I'm into. I love Lost and can't wait for it to come back on, and I get a good laugh out of The Office every week. I also like to watch The Biggest Loser, but only if I can record it and fast forward through most of it. I just don't care about much that goes on other than the end result of each show. Well, I watched it tonight and found myself getting teary eyed about the weigh in results. Poor Coleen. Really? I have to blame this on hormones or something. Tearing up over reality TV can't be a good thing. Luckily Jer did not witness this, and the chances of him reading this post are slim to none.

Why am I even writing this mindless post? Good question. I guess it's because I can't sleep at night. It's very frustrating. Anyone know a drug-free cure for insomnia? I could use this time to be productive, but I don't really feel like it. I really just want to sleep, but it doesn't happen. I could give myself a manicure..oh yea I don't really have nails to speak of. I could scrapbook..wait I don't do that. I'm all out of ideas. The only thing I could come up with was writing about a TV weight loss show. It's all fun and games until Luke comes bopping into my room before the clock even strikes 7.

10 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Keep blaming it on the hormones. Jeff banned me from watching Little House On The Prairie when I was pregnant. I would be just a blubbering mess by the end. Little does he know I still watch and cry and I'm not pregnant. I have to be sneaky about the tears now.

Kimberlee said...

I LOVE the biggest Loser. I am a total sap when it comes to the weigh in too. It's okay for you to feel that way, you're pregnant, you have every excuse in the world for why you can cry at whatever you want! I felt bad for Coleen too!

jami v. said...

i'm a fan of the biggest loser too ... maybe because it gives me hope after this bambino i can lose all that baby weight. :) dream on (unless jas gives me bob or jillian for mother's day!) i felt bad for coleen too - but mostly because i really don't like vicky. (and i say you can cry at whatever you want :) pregnant or not! )

Burbank Family said...

Sorry about the insominia it really sucks. I understand the whole hormone thing it gets very frustrating because you really have nothing to cry about but you do. Hope everything keeps going good

Kristy said...

I don't know if you can have sleepy time tea when your prego but it seems to work. Even if it turns out to be only a placebo. Only a week and a half until beach time. Do you think we should plan our adventures when we get there? What are you doing to prepare?

Marie Rose said...

You are too funny. The biggest loser...really?! Oh Jen...lol lol YOu crack me up! My husband has insomnia and when he really needs to get to sleep he pops in one of our disney movies and he's out like a lamp before the first 10 minutes are over...I dunno. Maybe try it.

Mandy said...

I love the biggest loser too...and you're pregnant,so you can cry whenever you want! Make Jer sleep on the couch so you have free reign of the bed! That always helps me sleep! :)

SK said...

Kara got some cherry juice extract or something from Paula (Fred's mom) She loves it.

jilljohnson said...

I love the biggest looser too. Do not worry about crying. I am not pregant and I find myself crying all the time when I watch TV shows.

Judd Pickett said...

We never got into Lost thank goodness - is it about the 1200th season now? We did get hooked on Prison Break and are now desperately hoping it wraps up once again this season for the last time (seriously, how many times can you break out of prison). Our new favorite show is The Mentalist, check it out one of these nights when you feel like a break from Loser.