Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I have been having fun looking at every one's Halloween posts. If you don't want to endure another telling of how trick or treating was and tons of pics of my kids then don't read on!


Luke started the day with a party at preschool. He was totally stoked about it and posed it up for me. His costume has a mask, but it's the kind that covers your face and he didn't want to wear it. Can't say I blame him. I was surprised Luke wanted to be Spiderman. He isn't very into him. He loves cowboys, pirates...right now, but his mind was set on Spidey. So, when we saw this padded, polyester beauty on sale we went for it. He was not disappointed!


Since Seth didn't care and we had a Batman costume hanging around, he was Batman. He looked so cute in the head thing, but I could not even keep it on long enough for a pic.

Getting a pic of my superheroes was challenging. I chose this one because at least they were both smiling. In most of them Seth is trying to get away and Luke is dragging him back by his cape.

Luke and his neighborhood/preschool friend at the Halloween Carnival. I took the kids to the carnival at the elementary school, and they had fun but it was a total zoo. I had no idea how crowded it would be. It was in total violation of my personal space issues, but I took one for the team. Jer was not done with work yet, so I was just glad I did not lose either of them. Luke played lots of games and Seth got into everything. I think every kid in town was there. I was about in a sweat by the time we left. It was really cute and fun, but next year I will bring backup a.k.a. Jer.

Batman at the carny. He looks so harmless in this picture.


Luke with the whole nine yards on. He informed me that he needed to wear this to look like the "real Spiderman." His glasses made for a less than ideal fit, but he didn't seem to mind too much. After we survived the carnival we met up with Jer for some trick-or-treating. They both loved that and were so cute. I can't believe I was pushing Seth around in the stroller last year, and this year he was walking up to doors with his pumpkin basket and taking big handfuls of candy! After we made the rounds of our neighborhood, we came back and ate chili and grandma and grandpa stopped by. Luke answered every trick-or-treater and was really generous with the candy, so we almost ran out. What a fun day!


A few weeks ago we carved pumpkins at Jer's parents house. The kids had lots of fun, but were easily distracted by running around and playing with grandpa. Jer ended up doing most of the carving. I find it funny that Seth looks so disgusted. This is a kid who plays in the toilet any chance he gets.


Luke and K'Lee scooping guts.


My mom also had a Halloween party on a Sunday afternoon. We were informed that upon our arrival and presented with something special to wear. Luke loved those teeth. That's my dad by the way. Luckily Seth was trying to take a nap because that mask would totally freak him out.


My mom chose the most hideous of t-shirts for me. Also, why does my neck look like I'm an NFL linebacker? Why did I even post this picture?
I wanted to take down the Halloween stuff today, but Luke was not quite ready. Next week we'll have to start getting ready for Thanksgiving. It really is a great time of year!

9 comments:

Katie Stacey said...

Your kids' costumes are great and your posts always crack me up!

jami v. said...

jen, the pictures are great! isn't halloween so fun with kids?! :) cole tells me every morning that he wants to go trick or treating again. hmmm... too bad we'll have to wait until next year! :)

ps-i love the new fall/thanksgiving background! isn't this time of year great?! i told jas that now it's officially november, look out because xmas music is on it's way!! :)

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Samantha says Luke looks cool and she can't believe he was spider man. Looks like fun.
Kim

KW said...

The boys look awesome. What a fun Halloween day! I like your new back ground. It's cute!

Kristy said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween! On to the next holiday and then Mexico! Yeah!

Marie Rose said...

Jen,
That last picture is hillarious!! YOu crack me up. You're kids are soo big. So yesterday I FINALLY got my wedding video (yea it's been a whole year!) and there is a part where Luke is laying on the floor and smiling at the camera. So cute!! Anyway, I hope all is well and you're feeling good. You're kids are adorable! I can't believe Luke is in pre-school. Weird!

Kimberlee said...

I love Luke's spiderman costume, especially the muscles in the front. That is too cute! It's so funny, whenever you post a picture of Seth, he isn't ever looking at the camera, which is hilarious to me. What a cute little personality.

Your parents are so fun to do festivities like that for Halloween. And your neck does not look like a football players, but that comment made me laugh.

Bear River Photographic Society said...

I love that costume you have on, where is Jer and his costume?

Nicole said...

that is great! I love the outfits! Luke totally looks like he is playing his part!