Monday, November 10, 2008

Little Monkey


This one is a definite no-no. That is also not gel in his hair--it's syrup.

Seth has become quite the little monkey lately. He is my Curious George. I thought I'd post a few of his antics because it really is such a cute, fun stage even though I sometimes cannot keep up with the messes he makes. It's probably not the best practice to take pictures of your kids when they are doing something they shouldn't, but if it's truly a problem I stop him--after I've got the pic. Also, I promise my kids get dressed in clothes each and every day, but that may be hard to believe after looking at the following pictures.


My jewelery box is a hot item. Luckily, I have nothing of value. That little chair has become a weapon of mass destruction. Seth takes it everywhere and uses it to get into mischief. Sadly, it now spends most of the day in his crib where he can't get at it.


Enjoying the prize.


That truck he's standing on has been the source of several headers he's taken. He hasn't quite figured out that something with wheels is not always the best choice to stand on!


I knew it was inevitable that he would figure out how to climb up on the barstools, but I was hoping it would be later rather than sooner. He is great at getting up and not so great at getting down.
Seth has been busy doing other things as well lately that I did not capture. Here are a few in no particular order:
  • Stirring his toothbrush in the toilet...or his hairbrush...or just his arm.
  • Putting numerous items down in the heat registers....cars, shoes...
  • Rearranging my kitchen daily.
  • Throwing everything off of his high chair tray when I'm not looking.
  • Just today--pooping in the tub! That one really got my prego gag reflex going.

I'm sure the list could go on, but you probably get the idea. I wouldn't trade my little monkey for anything though. My frustration doesn't last long when he gives me one of his big hugs or that toothy grin of his!

Side note: We created some roadkill on Friday. I'm happy to say that it was Jer driving and not me. We were not far from our house where there are often deer, but this psycho one literally jumped out of the trees right in front of us. It was not a pretty sight. I felt really bad--I am a real softie about stuff like that. Luke was quite concerned also. It didn't die right away and Jer got out and called the Fish and Game. He wanted to put it out of its misery, but they told him not to and that they would come and get it. Well, so much for our tax dollars at work. It's still taking a long winter's nap right where we left it--practically in a driveway. Luke seems to still be hoping for a miracle and has prayed every night since "thanks for the deer to make it better." I'm hoping he doesn't spot it. I'm just glad we're okay--with the exception of the front of our car, which is in for some major repairs, and poor little Bambi.

11 comments:

jami v. said...

ok, gross about the deer. i'm always afraid of hitting anything (usually it's just the little rodents running across the road) but i'm not sure i could handle a deer. yikes. glad you're fine!

i love the pictures of seth because he and miles are SO alike. ah ... such a curious stage and so fun (most of the time :) ). i just can't believe how big they are!!

Kristy said...

Very cute and very familiar. I was just thinking if I could just keep my house clean. I put one thing away and turn around to ten more things out and about. All my kids move chairs around! I never can get in the pantry becuase the stool is in the way!

Shera said...

I can seriously relate...everytime I turn around someone is in the toilet, eating toothepaste, climbing on something...the list goes on...

Your kids are so cute!

Katie Stacey said...

Haha, I totally know how you feel. Savannah is in the climbing stage too and it is definitely a little scary.

Bear River Photographic Society said...

glad you are ok from hitting the deer, on the things that seth has done like the one pooping in the toilet i have to tell you it reminds me of when Britini and Kelli were little and taking a bath together all of a sudden i hear Britini screaming for me and i thought something really scary or bad had happened and when i went in to see what the screaming was about i found britini standing up trying to stand back as far as possible with out getting out and she looked at me and said Kelli has pooped in the tub and kelli was just sitting in the tub playing with her toys didn't have a care in the world weather she just pooped or not. that is hilarious and it is very gross.

Bear River Photographic Society said...

i meant to say pooping in the tub not toilet in my comment above

Jenny said...

I'm glad everyone is ok and what a scary thing!

Kimberlee said...

I can't believe about that deer! I would have loved to have heard Jer's reaction when he hit it!

Seth is getting so big. I love the syrup in his hair. He is a busy man! I also, unfortunately had to bear the pooping in the tub last week with Chloee! Disgusting!

My Life I tell ya said...

Jen-
What a fun and busy stage. I miss my kids being at that stage. Life flies by way too fast. Your kids are darling.
Millie

jilljohnson said...

I love it I think that little A is following in Seth's foot steps. He already tries to climb things. I love the mask that your dad is wearing in the Halloween post. I would have loved to have seen that one in person.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Sorry about the deer. No fun..but I'm glad you guys are okay.