Monday, February 16, 2009

Boy Stuff

Since I'm about to be a mom of three boys, I know I'm looking forward to a lifetime of sports, trucks, dinosaurs, you name it. I'm not much of a girly girl though, so it works great for me. (Not that I wouldn't take a girl if another miraculous pregnancy happened!) My boys are growing up on me so fast and some of the stuff they say and do cracks me up. Luke is always telling me things he'll do "while my belly is so fat." The list includes being really nice to Seth (work in progress), cleaning everything up, and helping me make stuff. His primary teacher said he prayed "to not shove Seth" in class the other day. He and Seth love each other and most of the time when I send Luke to his room for doing something mean to Seth then Seth follows him and cries to be let in.

Luke is learning to read and doing great at it. I've been working with him on "reading lessons," and he's really picking it up fast. Writing on the other hand, he could do without. He has made a lot of progress but it's not his favorite thing. He watched our neighbor's little girl coloring in sacrament meeting the other day totally interested. He was amazed at her ability to "stay in the lines" and "use lots of different colors." He is more about quantity than quality when coloring.

Jer and Luke headed down with two of our neighbor friends and their boys on Friday to the Monster Truck show. They loved it. Luke looks pretty somber in the pictures, but he's been telling me how cool it was.

This is the same place the dinosaur show we went to was held as well as an ice skating thing quite a while ago, and being the detail guy he is Luke had all sorts of questions about how they "changed the floor."

Luke was pleased as punch with the "ear muffs" he got to wear. I guess monster trucks are super loud.



Seth is also becoming such a big boy and actually initiates going on the potty! I am hoping for an easy potty training rather than the horrible experience it was with Luke. He is especially great about wanting to try #2 on the potty. The only drawback is he wants to get on a million times a day, and when he does go he will persist with it and drag it out for like 20 minutes. He just sits there like he owns the throne. He claps for himself when he's done. What a cutie. I'm really not trying to train him yet, but I have him in pull-ups and whenever he's interested we put him on. He is still my snuggly boy and gives all of us the best hugs and kisses.

I didn't take any pics of Valentine's Day, but we had a fun couple of days. We made treats, Luke had a party at school, we ate yummy chocolate covered strawberries, and Jer and I went out on a much needed date. Luke even thanked in his prayers for the "Valentine toys he got from grandmas, grandpas, and mom and dad" and the "yummy pizza-shaped like a heart." It's nice that it doesn't take much to please kids. They enjoy the little stuff and time with family the most.

6 comments:

jilljohnson said...

They are both so cute. I love little boys. You are such a great mom your boys are so lucky!

Michelle W. Nate said...

Man are they cute!

Julie said...

Jer is much better at taking pictures than Jason... he only took one of Max and the rest were blurry pictures of trucks. I told him to take at least 10 and I guess he was nervous to fill the assignment. Fun post... your boys are so cute. I can't believe how big Seth is getting. I should send Max over for reading lessons...

jami v. said...

what cute boys -- and i hear ya on the life of boy stuff (i'm just mentally preparing for a third boy while secretly hoping for some pink :) ) ... and i love the new background too. :)

~Our Family~ said...

Wow I can't wait for your little one to be born... I was wondering do you guys have an open adoption with seths birthparents? He is such a cutie pie... I hear you too about all the boys... I wouldn't trade them though. I love to read your blog....

Kristy said...

Miles would have loved the truck show! We will have to watch for when it comes again! The joys of boys!