Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You've Come a Long Way Baby

I thought it was about time I did a post dedicated to this little guy growing inside me. The two months I have left seems like a long time but considering we were trying for this pregnancy for over 3 years, we are almost to the finish line. My kids are both asleep, and I felt like blogging so I'm going for it. (Unfortunately Luke is sleeping because he's sick. He has a fever, rash, and has been throwing up. After he wakes up and lets me know how his throat is I may need to have him checked for strep.) I am breaking down and documenting my pregnant belly. I need a few pics (very few) to remember it by.

Here I am in all my glory at 30 weeks and counting. I really don't mind the belly growing too much. It would just be nice to not also get bigger thighs, puffy hands, extra chin...!


Having a picture like this is a perk of IVF. This is our baby boy in his embryonic state (5 days). Which one he is will forever be a mystery. It's most likely that he's the larger one called a blastocyst. The other is still in the morula stage which means it was a little behind from where it should have been. You too could have a picture of your child as an embryo for lots of money, hundreds of needles, and several invasive procedures! Just kidding. Now that it's over I feel like joking about it a little. I still consider myself extremely lucky!


Our first ultrasound at 7 weeks. It doesn't look like much, but it was my reassurance that he was there and growing in the right place. It also let us know that we were having one baby only.


This is at about 18 weeks when we found out we were having a boy (see the arrow). More importantly everything was right where it should be and looked great.


This was just earlier today. I had another ultrasound because my placenta was low lying, and they needed to check it again. Thankfully it had moved out of the way of the cervix (barely), so I should be able to have a normal birth. It was so fun to see how big he is getting. I think these ultrasounds are totally amazing! She guesstimated that he weighs about 4 pounds right now, and he is right on track with his growth.


Check out those cheeks! They look very kissable. It's amazing to me how much you can love someone you've never even met yet. By the way, we are most likely naming him Ian. Jer is totally sold on it, and I like it a lot so unless some other name comes out of nowhere that will be the one. The middle name is still undecided. I've had several days with fairly strong contractions lately but all still seems to be well. He just needs to stay in there and keep on cooking!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I am way excited for you guys!! Hope everything is going well with your pregnancy! Hope Luke feels better soon!

Katie Stacey said...

Those ultrasound pictures are amazing. He looks adorable.

jami v. said...

i love the progression. so very cool ... and i love the final pictures. it makes me SO excited to meet him and kiss those cheeks!!

jilljohnson said...

Wow that is so fun I love the new ultrsound pictures. It is amazing to see all those details.

Kristy said...

You look great and so does he! Those are the coolest ultrasounds, you can see his cute little features! It will be fun to meet little Ian!

~Our Family~ said...

Oh I just love belly bumps.. They are so hard to come by.. I know your pain and sweat of doing IVF but so worth it in the end.. I think you look fanastic.. I can't wait to see pictures of him when he is born.. He looks totally handsome inside.. Those cheeks are to die for too...

Michelle W. Nate said...

Holy Cow! How awesome are your ultrasounds. And yes that embryo picture is awesome too. I love that you can see how he is going to look in that last ultrasound. What squishy cheeks! I can't wait to see him.

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Ultrasounds have come a long way. That is amazing.

Burbank Family said...

I love the ultrasound pictures they are way neat. I am so happy for you guys you deserve it. Sorry for Luke tell him K'Lee say get better

Marie Rose said...

oh hooray for the prego pictures! You are crazy. You don't even look big. I love all the pictures! Those cheeks are so stinking cute. I just want to pinch them (where that instinct comes from?! I have no idea) I'm so happy for you. The IVF pictures are so cool. That's awesome you have those. I can't wait to see what he looks like!