Monday, February 2, 2009

Fun Weekend

Jer patrolled Friday night and Saturday, so we decided to make it a family affair and headed to the mountains for the weekend. Our friend Steve was also patrolling, so Seth and I hung out with Cami and Caitlyn while the others headed out to ski. Luke had a major skiing breakthrough and loved it!!! He could not get enough. We took dinner up, and I was expecting them to be in by 6:30 or so at the latest to eat, but it was after eight. He just made his "pizza" (that's kid lingo for snowplow) and did run after run down the Little Beav. I was so proud of him. He's a kid that needs some encouragement...sometimes persuasion...to do things but once he does he has so much fun. It was a pretty cold night and he looked like a frozen popsicle when he came in, but he was so excited about what a good skier he was and told me he just "tried his hardest." Jer said his legs were shaking on the lift ride up and when he asked if he was cold Luke said "no, my legs are just a little tired." I totally feel his pain. After skiing with him last year I realized what a workout it is to snow plow all the time! Now he wants to go skiing everyday.

We stayed the night at Steve and Cami's cabin and had a fun day of hanging out and sledding on Saturday while the dads were gone. My kids were exhausted though--especially Seth...and me. We got the kids to bed late Friday and then stayed up until about 2 am which is way past my bedtime. I'm old..and pregnant. When we finally did go to sleep Luke was in the bed with us (it was huge) and Seth was in the port-a-crib in the same room. Between my coughing, overheating (I had Jer opening windows in the middle of the night), Luke hogging the bed, and somebody waking up at least every hour it was not exactly restful. In the morning Jer and I had both kids in bed with us, and we were still closing our eyes and pretending to sleep. After about 5 minutes of the kids jumping around, landing on our heads, etc. I could not help but laugh and ask why we were even bothering!

Here are some pics from the sledding and playing at the cabin. There was a ton of snow!




It looks kind of flat, but they went down the tire tracks in the driveway and actually picked up a lot of speed by the end.


There was a lot of snow eating going on. Luke doesn't even bother to pick it up first. Notice his tiny glasses. Yes, that's the pair he got at age one (a replacement anyway). His have been broken for two weeks and the replacements are still nowhere in sight. After trying both tape and super glue to hold them together it's getting a little old! Glasses and four-year-olds are a very bad combo.


Luke, Caitlyn, and Jack (belongs to some other friends who came up to stay too).




Jack was not a fan of the sledding but Cami finally convinced him to go down with her. After Luke saw that he wanted a ride too. Thanks Cami! He asked me but the tube was a little low on air, and I was pretty sure we would bottom out and/or I would never get back up again. Cami is so tiny you can hardly see her!


And yes, Seth was on this trip, but he was attempting to take a nap during the sledding. He loves "panda" right now and does kung fu/karate around the house with Luke a lot. He waves his arms around, kicks, and says "hiya" a lot. I can't stand how fast he's growing up!

6 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Looks like you have a fun filled weekend. I have a hard time sleeping when andrew is in the room with me too.

Kristy said...

I am glad you got to enjoy the winter! How are you feeling? Good job Luke. Spencer is taking Stella soon!

jami v. said...

looks like lots of fun. i'm jealous of all the snow! :) just lots of ice on top of snow, which doesn't make for fun playing.

you're right ... seth is getting so big! i look at miles too and think about how fast he's growing up! yikes!!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Looks fun. Reagan and Hunter have been skiing all winter. Hearing what Luke is up to we may have to give Samantha a turn too.

Burbank Family said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun. Glad to see you guys on Sunday and visit for a minute.

PetersonFam said...

Hi Jen...this is Steph, I was on Jami and mandy's blog and while I was commenting I read yours... it sounded like you are pregnant? Jami emailed me and said that you were going to have your 3rd BOY! I hope you don't mind me jumping on your blog to tell you congrats! I think that is amazing and wonderful! Who is your OB? Are you having him in Logan? You will have to fill me in on the details! Anyhoo....CONGRATS! I am very excited for you & Jer! 3BOYS will be so much fun! Talk about crazy! hahahaa!
The pics of Luke and Seth are darling! I can't believe how big they are!
I look at McKall....she will be 15 in August & goes to HIGH SCHOOL next year!...now THAT is weird! I'm NOT old enough to have kids that OLD!
Take care! keep in touch. you can jump on mandy's blog and get to mine!
take care! congrats again!
steph