Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Five

It's party central around here. Here are a bunch of pics of Luke's 5th birthday bash. He had a party with 10 little boys over (crazy I know) and then grandmas, grandpas, and cousins for pizza and playing. It was a great day. I really can't believe Luke is five and starting kindergarten this fall. It really does not seem that long ago that he was the one I was snuggling and rocking in my green nursery chair. Crazy! He's a great kid and although he gives me a run for my money he is sweet, loving, and so fun.

Luke wanted a superhero party. I had no clue how to do that kind of a cake, but I managed some cupcakes. They were very basic but turned out cute.


The boys decorated their goodie bags and masks while everyone was rolling in. They all went heavy on the glitter glue.


Despite some moans and groans I got a few pics of the whole gang.


Jer's cousin Kelli came and helped out which was awesome. Between Jer, Kelli, my mom, and I we managed my kids plus the party. It took all of us! This was the web game.


Taking a drink break after the obstacle course. Luckily it was a beautiful, hot day!


Seth got in on the action...especially the treat action. These two were way messier than any of the other kids there.


This is a good action shot of Luke. Luke spends tons of time each day burning a path around, over, and down through these rocks a million miles an hour. It is a fun playland for him and his neighbor friends. It is going to be a sad day when we undertake the landscaping of this huge area and he can't "play in the dirt" as much.


Snowcones with Jace and Carter. Everyone seemed to have fun at the party and no one bled or got lost, so I call it success. Luke got some really fun presents including a kid's digital camera from my parents. He loves it and had over a hundred pictures taken in like 30 minutes. Today we went back through to delete some and according to him they were almost all keepers...even the ones of the clothes in his closet, his shoes, and every other object he saw. I actually love birthdays (other peoples). It's fun to make someone feel really special for a day.
Happy Birthday Luker!

6 comments:

jilljohnson said...

Jen- I am so impressed with your cake making abilities. You go girl.

KW said...

Happy B-day Luke! I can't believe he is already five. Crazy! Looks like he had a blast.

jami v. said...

looks & sounds like it was a great success! :) what a mom!! :)
happy bday luke!!

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Looks like fun. I am so glad we could be at the blessing today. What a neat day.

Mandy said...

The boys had a great time. Parties are so much work, after Carter's last year I hope I never have to do another! :) Not likely I know! I can't beleive our boys are going to kindergarten....it's gone by so fast!
Happy Birthday Luke!

Burbank Family said...

I loved the cake cute idea. Happy Birthday Luke you are a awesome kid.