Monday, August 29, 2011

2nd Grade!

Luke started 2nd grade last week.  It's hard to believe he's old enough.  I'll admit I felt a little teary as the bus drove off.  I was excited for him, but I do hate to have him gone for so long everyday.  He was pretty nervous to start, but he has a great teacher and lots of friends in his class.  He seemed excited for the first time after we went to Back to School night.

He had a fun time choosing school clothes this year and was very picky about it.  He changed his first day outfit several times.
We have tons of kids that catch the bus at our stop.
There's my cute kid.  He told me he was just a little nervous because he didn't know his teacher or who would be in his class.  He's a worry wart like me!
And he was off.  He came home with a big grin on his face and said he had a great first day.  He also told me, "I'm growing up right before your eyes."  Isn't that the truth!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

He's so cute! Carter was nervous too, but they seem to adjust quickly! Can you believe we have 2nd graders?? It's so sad!!!

BeckyB.West said...

Yikes, 2nd grade?! Luke is such a cute boy. We're jealous of your neighborhood:) You have so many kids in your area, I bet your boys love having all those friends.

jami v. said...

so glad he's had good days! there's nothing better than that! and i'm still in shock you and mandy have 2nd graders! holy cow! makes me teary, too, to see how fast time goes.